450 DFC conversion?

cabbie

Hi, want to convert my trex 450 to DFC head, I have complete DFC head, 3GX 2.1 and want to use my DX7 Spektrum tranny

Question is where do I mount the 2 satellites?

Lee

You should mount them with the antennas at 90º to each other, and on opposite sides of the frame for best coverage.

Derek

I just have 1 satellite rx on my 450 with 3GX but I've two satellites on my 600, for various reasons. But...the antennas on one rx are vertical and the antennas on the other rx are horizontal. One is on one side of the helicopter and the other rx is on the other side.

Since you are talking about a 450 helicopter, I've heard and read that you really only need one but there's no harm in using two satellite rx's. If you can mount one near the front of the helicopter (maybe under or in front of the cyclic servos) and then mount the other rx at the rear, near the tail boom....I'm sure you'll be in great shape.

cabbie

Ok rebuild went perfect, only problem I got was with the tail drifting slowly to the right, I'm on 35 gain same as the other heli's! I input 2 bleeps of trim and it's staying put now, I know your not s'posed to use trim but can I just leave it as it is?

Lee

Try correcting it mechanically by turning the ball link one turn and then removing the electronic trim.

Top Bottom