General Despondent

treff

Maybe some people are not meant to fly helicopter. Well I think I am one of them. Another major crash. I am going to give this a rest for
a few months then maybe try again. I just can not afford to keep spending on parts anymore and getting little or no return. Back to
slope soaring. Cheers

DAL2855

Banned
Don't give up Treff! I was too that point a couple of months back too, but I kept at it and look at me now! Just maidened my 550 yesterday! Keep practicing in the sim and then go out and fly the real thing! It will all pay off in the end bro! I can't even do circuits yet, but can do FFF and FBF and side in hovers! But don't have a big enough area here at the house to even think about attempting circuits with the 550 but do have a couple of areas that I will have a large enough area for the 550 to do some circuit training! Keep it up and hang in there bro! I feel your frustrations! I felt the same way! Probably worse because I fly both fixed and rotary-wing RW and would get frustrated so easily when it comes to the RC Heli's! Couldn't figure out at first, why is it that I can fly a real helicopter and can't fly this little thing? Man talk about being frustrated! But I am finally getting the hang of it now! You'll get there too man!

Karubah

I am pretty much the same as you Treff. Spend more time repairing and putting my hand in my pocket for parts than flying. But I,m not letting it BEAT ME. Just keep trying and hopefully it will come to me. I know exactly how you feel and it does get :cussing:frustrating at times so hang in there have a little break and come back to it with a fresh outlook. Cheers

Derek

I can relate to your frustration, treff! Honestly, I can! I had a Blade SR and I crashed that thing so many times. Probably bought over $300 in replacement parts for it and I only spent $150 for the heli. I hated that thing! I bought my Align 500 and over the past several months, I've had issues after issues after issues with it and I was very frustrated. I even considered selling it because I've been so successful with my planes. However, I kept on with hours and hours on the simulator and doing hover tests in my yard. I have the help, support, and encouragement from many people on RCH and Youtube, so I kept at it and now I'm able to fly my 500. I'm certainly not ready for the "pro" level, but I have gotten much better.

Maybe just do like you said...put the heli on a shelf for a while and come back to it later. There is no shame in doing that at all.

I wish you the best, my friend!

Microbus

Don't let it get you down, man. Just invest time in the sim. Don't forget, the pros aren't pros because they have natural talent, they're pros because they practiced. A lot.

Tony

Staff member
I just want to inform people, he never said he was giving up, just walking away. Sometimes, walking away from it for a month or so is what is needed to cool down, adn get back your mojo.

Treff, do what you gotta do bro. go do some soaring, get your fingers working, then come back to it. This time, JUNK the clone and get a good helicopter. You will have FAR less issues.

stokke

Save the "repair budget" and buy a decent simulator (if you don't already have one). Practice practice practice :)

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
read my latest post ??? "Gaba goes stupid.. and destroys 100+ bucks worth of stuff" in 450 section .. give it a read.. will cheer you up.. you might see people like they got it all together and going on.. but believe me.. they dont haha.. :D .. take your time.. and like said above practice..

My first 6 months... I crashed EVERY flight.. and it was a freakin 4ch fixed pitch heli 300 size... yeah EVERY flight.

Top Bottom