500 Derek's Trex 500 hover test

Tony

Staff member
That's cool that you got it in the air! Next flight, start raising your gyro gain back up until it wags, then back it down 5% to lock it in. also, give it some quick rudder inputs to see what the tail does when it stops. Congrats on the flight though.

Derek

dude stoked you got it sorted been quite a journey, no more paper weight............

Yes!!! No more paper weight, lol.

- - - Updated - - -

That's cool that you got it in the air! Next flight, start raising your gyro gain back up until it wags, then back it down 5% to lock it in. also, give it some quick rudder inputs to see what the tail does when it stops. Congrats on the flight though.

Thanks Tony! It's very cool! I'll be sure to do what you said about raising the gyro gain, then lowering it. Quick rudder inputs, too. Thanks for the continued help!

Westy

LEGEND
YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

Nice .... now for some flying video to get some value out of your paperweight!

Derek

Thanks Westy! I'm really just blown away that I never noticed the slop in the tail grips. Maybe I was just blinded by my frustration.

Nonetheless, the new tail assembly from Ken seems to have taken care of the issue. As Tony suggested, above, on the next battery I'll raise the gains to get some wag (this time intentionally, lol), then back them down a bit. I'll be sure to have all 3 of my batteries charged up so that I can play around with the 500 a bit and be able to flip into Idle Up and get some good flights.

Thank you for your continued help, as well, Westy! I appreciate it!

Westy

LEGEND
I usually set up 3 x 5% apart .............gains on the gyro switch when setting up ... to save time .... and once I have found teh wag ... I click it down to the next level .... and then fly it with fast forward flight to see if I need to set a lower on when in ID1 or 2 ... then once I have finished flying .... lock em into the Fmode switch assignment catagory. But hey we all have our different way of doing things.....

Don'nt even mention the word Locktite! (My Govvy Thread) to me today !!!! hahaah

Derek

Well, Westy...I don't have "my own" particular way of doing things yet because I'm simply not as experienced as you, Tony, Gaba, Lee, etc, etc. That being the case, I try to listen to you all and then see what happens. If it doesn't work, I move on to the next suggestion. If it does work...then I'm happy and I've learned something.

I have learn so much since starting with RCH and I can imagine that I'll be around here for a long time to come. Just do me a favor....when I continually come to the site with questions....you all keep giving me suggestions, lol.

Tony

Staff member
We will never stop, you know that lol. Keep asking questions, keep learning and keep progressing. That is the name of the game.

Derek

the constant help is surely appreciated. I know that my experience has grown since joining up with this forum. I may not have any questions right now, but you'll know when I do, lol.

Lee

Awesome Derek,
Great that its finally working. Look forward to many flight videos now :D

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
Did someone say video's..Where? lol JK you know we all cant wait to see her in the air. Its the little things that drives us crazy.

Derek

Awesome Derek,
Great that its finally working. Look forward to many flight videos now :D

Yeah, Lee! It's working again!!! I was very excited to see it doing what it's suppose to do. My first several videos to come will probably be just hovering and moving around a bit...just to get the feel of it again, but I'll do what I can.

- - - Updated - - -

Did someone say video's..Where? lol JK you know we all cant wait to see her in the air. Its the little things that drives us crazy.

Yeah...I cant wait to have the 500 in the air again. It will be a great deal of fun...once again!!!

Top Bottom