Derek's New "RCH Trainer" introduction

Tony

Staff member
Damn, that thing looks great bro! Love the wing, love the design, but I'm worried about that hatch. If you are going to do that, I would somehow brace the firewall where the motor mounts. Remember, the motor is pulling on that one piece and all the drag of the plane sis forced though that one piece. I'm just worried that it will bend or bow out at the top. Other than that, put some electronics in it!!!

Are you going to put a servo tray inside or mount them outside? And I would have thought you would put a bolt on wing with this new revision.

Can't wait to see it in the air bro!

Derek

Re: Derek's New "RCH Trainer" introduction

Damn, that thing looks great bro! Love the wing, love the design, but I'm worried about that hatch. If you are going to do that, I would somehow brace the firewall where the motor mounts. Remember, the motor is pulling on that one piece and all the drag of the plane sis forced though that one piece. I'm just worried that it will bend or bow out at the top. Other than that, put some electronics in it!!!

Are you going to put a servo tray inside or mount them outside? And I would have thought you would put a bolt on wing with this new revision.

Can't wait to see it in the air bro!

Thanks a lot, Tony! I'm not really worried about the front hatch. I left out a detail. I'm planning on putting a piece of 1/8" plywood on the inside of the firewall with hot glue (ok, I think I said that part in the video). There will also be a plywood square on the outside as well for the motor mount to get screwed to but I will also use that "extreme" packing tape and wrap it from the left side to the right side, as well as from under the nose into the motor hatch. Then cover the extreme packing tape with the red tape, for cosmetics. I'm thinking it will work.....if not...I'll cry, for sure, lol.

As far as the bolt on wing...I'd love to do it on this plane. I'll see if I can work it out. The bamboo wing mounts are not glued in yet, so I should be able to do it.

I'm going to try a servo tray on the inside of the fuselage. I'm thinking that a servo tray will not only help keep the cg towards the nose, but it will also look good, too, because the servo's would then be inside.

- - - Updated - - -

That looks awesome Derek. Lets see it fly :D

Thanks Lee! I hope it flies as well as it looks! I love the color scheme. Those "Decathalons" are just pretty planes.

Top Bottom