Derek's Motor Glider in the air

Derek

Photon1a.jpgPhoton2a.jpg

It actually very beautiful outside today. Just an awesome day to fly. I'm still having issues with my 500, so I charged up the 3 cell and grabbed my motor glider. My new flying field was just awesome today. Very light wind. The sun to my back. Unfortunately, the ground video was horrible, but I do have the on board camera video. If you do decide to watch the flight video, please turn down your speaker volume. The wind noise is a bit much.

Here's the video:

EA Photon on board camera flight - YouTube

Photon1a.jpg

Photon2a.jpg

Derek

Yeah, I'm sorry about how loud that was. I wish I knew how to turn off the microphone or something. I've tried to put tape over the microphone, but that doesn't seem to help at all.

I'm glad you like the on board view. I do too. I'll surely get more video. Gonna go flying again in about an hour.

Tony

Staff member
If this is a keychain cam, the only way to do this is to open the case, and physically remove it from the board. You can take some cotton and stuff it in the mic and cover it with electrical tape, but there is not a lot of room in there.

Derek

unfortunately, my video editor doesn't recognize the video file type. Can these files be converted to another type?

As far as today's flight went with the glider...absolutely awesome!!! Just one exception...someone (me) forgot to put the micro sd card back into the camera and didn't realize it until we were at the flying field. Well...it happens.

Derek

the video file type from my keychain cam is an AVI file. My editor that came with my video camera (that I dropped and broke a few months ago) only seems to recognize MPEG2 video files

Tony

Staff member
You should be able to open up windows movie maker and edit the audio track. It supports .AVI.

murankar

Staff member
On windows I not sure how to convert except through some form of video editor. I normally use ffmpeg at the command line. The joys of open source. Not sure if ffmpeg works on windows.

Top Bottom