Derek's Flight Videos to Come

Derek

Well, the plan today was to go flying this morning for a couple hours, come back home and unload the RC's, then take the family to the festival that's here in town annually, then go back home and charge the batteries for some evening flying.

Sounds simple enough, doesn't it? I wish! Today was proof that not all well laid plans work out. I did get to go flying this morning for a few hours. Not every flight had a "happy ending" but it was still a fun day. The aircraft that I took with me today included the following:

Trex 600 Pro DFC
Trex 450 Pro DFC
RCH Edge 540 v1 (resurrected from the boneyard)
RCH Biplane (fully repaired after a nasty crash two months ago)
FPV Canard

I hovered the 600 for some more tail testing. Crashed the 450 while inverted. The RCH Edge 540 and the RCH Biplane flew but need some adjusting. Crashed the FPV Canard because of loss of control.

The 600 is a work in progress and we are progressing...slowly, but we are progressing. I was getting very comfortable flipping and rolling the 450, I thought I would try to invert the helicopter and cut the tall grass. Lost my orientation and dumb thumbed it. Most of the replacement parts I have already but had to order some.

My FPV Canard...well....my wife had the Fatsharks on and she was enjoying the view from the plane as I was flying circuits. About two minutes into the flight, the Canard noses down and slams Mother Earth. Completely irrepairable. I am really hurt that this plane went down. I probably should have put the FPV gear on a plane that wasn't so special to me, but......would have/could have/should have. No worries though, I have stripped the electronics from the Canard and I do have a backup plane that has been waiting for electronics that would be well suited for FPV. I'll get that one outfitted and we should see it soon.

I have video of the 450 flying, and crashing. I have video of the RCH Edge 540 and the Biplane. I have video of my brief 600 testing. I'll get these videos uploaded tomorrow. Time for bed.

Top Bottom