Derek's "APD" canard maiden flight

Lee

Nice Derek.
I have thought to build this plane. Someday I'll get around to it.

EyeStation

That would make a great platform for FPV. Get it in the air then slip on the fatshark goggles and do the rest.
Nice Flight!

Derek

Thanks guys! It was awesome! This plane was designed for FPV. Just awesome!!!

Dirk

Hey Derek, you got it back to front!! :chuckles:

Nice flight. It is very stable even with no dihedral.

Derek

It's an awesome plane...no doubt! It probably took me about 2 hours to build the plane, from start to finish. Then it took me nearly 4 hours to get the color scheme done, lol. I was pretty nervous about this because of the hard work I put into the color scheme, lol.

Dirk

Can one carve a foam block to finish off the nose Derek? Is there something in the front there?

Derek

Sure....a foam block could be carved, but I don't think it would really help because the open nose allows the air flow to go down the fuselage to cool the batteries and esc. The open nose also allows for the FPV transmitter and camera to be installed for FPV flying.

The fuselage of the plane is 2.75"x2.75"x45". A sheet of foamboard is 30". So, the full length of the foamboard is used to make the majority of the fuselage. This is used for the esc, rx, batteries, etc. The remaining 15" is a slide on piece of tubular fuselage that can be used to hold the FPV gear.

I guess I'm just not understanding what type of "finishing" you are talking about.

I do have 2.5oz of lead weights in the nose to simulate FPV gear.

Last edited:
Top Bottom