DeLourenco

DeLourenco

Hi guys. I am from Los Angeles, CA and I am totally new in the RC world. Flying helis has been a wish I have since early age. It has been 7month since I bought my first electric Trex 500 ESP/3gx. I was able to complete build the heli in one week. Now, my big dilemma is to fly it. I wonder if anyone knows a flight instructor in my area that can help with basic set ups, etc...
I really appreciate any leads.

Slobberdog

:welcome1:

A good place to get the fundamentals before you start to get the Trex in the air would be a simulator, this will give you a better understanding of what the heli will do, and give you stick practice, before progressing on to the real bird.

Tony

Staff member
Welcome to the forum. As stated, a simulator will take you a long way in this hobby and is a great investment. As for instructors, the first thing you need to do is get your AMA membership. You can do so by clicking on the below link.

http://www.modelaircraft.org/

Once you have that, do a local search for flying fields. I'm sure in LA, there are a LOT of them. If they are anything like the fields around here, there is almost always someone there that is willing to help. Some places charge members to train them, others don't. But, that is exactly where I would start.

Welcome to RCH!

:welcome1:

pvolcko

Welcome aboard, DeLourenco! Definitely find a local club field. Many will do open/public days where people can fly so long as they have an AMA membership. Good way to test the waters, find out what kind of people are there, etc. before biting the bullet on a club membership. Also check into local hobby shops, most have some idea of what clubs are around and many can point you to instructors.

Top Bottom