Batteries dead battery

RCD

Glencairn Drone
I recieved a 1300mah 3s 25c Gens Ace battery today. The first thing i did was check it's voltage. The voltage was 3.66, 3.77, 3.80. I did a balance charge and now its at 3.98, 4.17, 4.18. How do i get that one cell up?

Tony

Staff member
discharge the battery in a plane, and do another balance charge. If it won't equal out, then I would send it back.

Keith

You can try charging it again... I have done that... The two cells that are fully charged did not move but the other crept up... The battery never fully recovered, it was in a Tx that I accidental left on overnight...

MD530F

i found the best thing to do was use a balance lead, (cut an extension lead in half, you get a 10 pack really cheap from HK) to charge that cell individually, watch you dont short them. because your cells not damaged just imbalanced its all good once you get it back to the same level as the others, for eg i use the accucell 6 and it cant handle big diifference in cell balancing you can leave it on for a long time but then you risk over voltage on other cells, also the other cells wont like being trickle charged because the charger just isnt smart enough to only charge one, but like tony said you can discharge it and keep charging if you dont have a balance lead, just watch you dont go below 3v on the low one.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
While that's a method... Someone on the field also told me something .. He actually did it on one of my batteries.. He took my dead battery, and put it on my accucel charger as NiCd battery.. Through the main battery outlet port. He let it charge slowly on that for 25 minutes (timed) kept monitoring temperature of the battery all through the process.. That got my battery level up.. And my charger didn't reject it.. Then I put it on lipo charging cycle on about half the c rating and let it charge and balance... It actually made my battery go for a few more cycles.. :)

Top Bottom