380/420 Crash !!!

Blade 400

Hello Blade,
I am sorry about the crash.
Blade 230 s or Blade 150s are very good collective helicopters to learn with; they have features like stability mode and rescue mode.
Crashes are part of the learning process; these helis are relative easy and cheap to repair. Play over a lawn and the damage would not be as bad.
Good luck.
Thanks for that HSL :thumbsup:
I do have an Msr, 120sr, Mcpx & Nano CPS which I fly in smaller area`s. The Nano is very stable and the Mcpx flies similar to the Blade 400. A friend on Helifreak.com flies the 150s, Blade 400 fbl and OMP M2
All the best with your flying too :biggrin1:

Blade 400

That dongle should work for most flight sims including a newer version of Phoenix ... As long as that dongle also works with your transmitter, you are good. I'm assuming you are already using the DX6i with Clearview, if not then I may be incorrect since I assumed you were.
Hi Randy, I`m actually using a cheap Flight Sim TX that has a built in dongle with Clearview, that`s why I`m looking at buying this dongle to be able to use my DX6i? :)

Loopy

May I add my question re: ClearView and the setting up thereof? I recently purchased ClearView as well. I have a RadioLink AT9S pro TXM and the FS-SM100 dongle and connection that fits the TXM. There is a short (3 min.) video on U-Tube that shows how easy it is to connect the ASkyFly TXM and operate the system. My only problem is that it isn't working for me. I have been in contact with CV support, but have not been successful in deciphering his instruction. His last statement was "make sure it is set for Real flight NOT Phoenix" meaning a TXM setting. I find nothing regarding that.
Have any of you used the AT9S with ClearView? :anyone:

Rackman

Boy wish I could help but both of my Radio's are Spectrum ( DX6I & DX7S ) both are great radios for me. But as far as working with a Radiolink AT9S that's a hole lot different format setup I'm sure & Phoenix has been real user friendly for me, I have Real flight 8 & the interlink that came with it but I prefer the Phoenix over all ..I probably shouldn't even add my 2 cents on this one but hope you find an answer asap..for sure..

Loopy

Boy wish I could help but both of my Radio's are Spectrum ( DX6I & DX7S ) both are great radios for me. But as far as working with a Radiolink AT9S that's a hole lot different format setup I'm sure & Phoenix has been real user friendly for me, I have Real flight 8 & the interlink that came with it but I prefer the Phoenix over all ..I probably shouldn't even add my 2 cents on this one but hope you find an answer asap..for sure..
Thanks for your thoughts.:thankyou: I am not knowledgeable on "Phoenix". CV support makes specific note not to use Phoenix. I have the Spectrum DXs, the minimalist radio that has no linking capabilities.

Rackman

Wow that's interesting to hear. Yeah I had the Real flight to begin with and had Been told of the Phoenix by a friend that I used to work with and I just did as he said and downloaded the simulator program from RC-THOUGHTS.COM and bought the cheap dungle from e-bay and couldn't be happier, but of course that's all I use this one old PC for is for my simulator only and I spent$15.00 for the dongleScreenshot_20210828_140219.jpg..but if I find out anything in regards to your setup I'll for sure update you with what I find or hear for sure..

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
I know the feeling of crashing and it sure does ruin your day my friend. But you got back on the horse for another try "BRAVO!!!!!!". We learn from our mishaps, pilot error or mechanical. Had bad experiences with E-flite servos also and will never use them again. Now using better servos with metal gears and know my birds respond better. A hour or two of sim time is a good habit to get into been doing this for 9 years. Always think of myself in a real bird at the controls and take nothing for granted.

Loopy

I know the feeling of crashing and it sure does ruin your day my friend. But you got back on the horse for another try "BRAVO!!!!!!". We learn from our mishaps, pilot error or mechanical. Had bad experiences with E-flite servos also and will never use them again. Now using better servos with metal gears and know my birds respond better. A hour or two of sim time is a good habit to get into been doing this for 9 years. Always think of myself in a real bird at the controls and take nothing for granted.
I really don't know of anyone that hasn't crashed at some time. I've been watching the really expert pilots that crash their beautiful scale warbirds, sometimes pilot error, mostly equipment failure. Really sad to see. .

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Your correct about who hasn't crashed at sometime :yikes:. Even if your good pilot, electronics can be an issues too. Electronics are wonderful thing till they break :frown:

Loopy

Your correct about who hasn't crashed at sometime :yikes:. Even if your good pilot, electronics can be an issues too. Electronics are wonderful thing till they break :frown:
What often happens is the landing gear fails. Almost all of them have retracts. A wheel may come off on take off or a hard landing and the gear collapse.

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
My worst fear is to crash my custom built FB Augusta A109. Have put in over a year's work in it . Took my sweet time from paint job to electronics. Even built a cockpit for scale pilots. Plan on adding navigation lights having it's own power source independent of my radio. As for retracts decided to keep them fix. Seen what happens when they fail and that's not a pretty sight. But had my share of crashes both pilot error/mechanical failures. One of my worst was with my again custom built CH53. Since repaired haven't put it back in the air. Need to get over that fear, my pod and boom heli has seen more action than my scale birds. I envy the courage and determination of you guys who pick your self's up and go at it again. Maybe I'm a little too cautious because of my real live experiences flying helicopters for the army. Thankfully for this forum of fellow pilots I'm getting better.

Loopy

My worst fear is to crash my custom built FB Augusta A109. Have put in over a year's work in it . Took my sweet time from paint job to electronics. Even built a cockpit for scale pilots. Plan on adding navigation lights having it's own power source independent of my radio. As for retracts decided to keep them fix. Seen what happens when they fail and that's not a pretty sight. But had my share of crashes both pilot error/mechanical failures. One of my worst was with my again custom built CH53. Since repaired haven't put it back in the air. Need to get over that fear, my pod and boom heli has seen more action than my scale birds. I envy the courage and determination of you guys who pick your self's up and go at it again. Maybe I'm a little too cautious because of my real live experiences flying helicopters for the army. Thankfully for this forum of fellow pilots I'm getting better.
Would really like to see your birds!!!!:pride::pride:

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
Thank you Rackman, may be small in number but enjoy them all. The CH53 is a converted Blade SR 300 size bird that I got from ebay in parts about 10 years ago. Back then the Blade SR had several short comings as well written and documented by reliable sources. But I struck with her and learn by doing. And yes she wasn't the best of helicopters. That's when I learn about the TREX 250 and wow what a difference! Learn on it and eventually sold it to buy a 450. But kept faith with the Blade SR and decided to get a fuselage from a friend in the UK. He was making plastic molds of different size helicopters at the time. That's when I saw his CH53 fuselage and it was kook, line and sinker. He had a picture of one built by a guy in the UK. It was finish in the colors of the USCG. Knowing the marines and navy uses them, wanted my to be different. She's a tough little bird but the main flaw with the Blade SR was it's tail rotor that was the weakest link. Motor would often burn out and if you're in flight "BYE BYE BIRDIE" crash and crash hard. She couldn't even auto rotate to the ground. My pod and boom use to be a Hughes 300D from Germany. Very nice looking craft and had a lot of pride in building her. That is until pilot error and she came crashing upside down on asphalt. Not only was it an OUCH but double OUCH!!!!! Broke the carbon fiber blades, bent both main and feathering shafts. Total the bubble canopy and other parts. Lucky servos were ok and was surprise the tail boom wasn't damage. Got words of encouragement from everyone and rebuilt to what you see now, made a decal with the name Jedi for her. My Augusta A109 is from Canada and that's the bird I've spent the most time on, still have to put on a rear rotor protection skid. While trying to come up with a decent paint scheme for the fuselage just started painting the colors you see there. Don't know why but liked it and then realize those are the national colors of Jamaica. Holy Cow!!!!! Anything bigger than a 450 and the prices go up. So I'll just stay where I'm am and do my thing having a ball. Who knows might build another 450 to add for my hanger. Best regards, Jim

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
Grew up with model planes from control line, free flight to RC. Got out of the hobby in 1975 when I returned from serving in West Germany. While in Europe at the military base where I was station, we had a German/American RC club. Got together every weekend and flew. I was lucky to be station at an army air field when the commander allowed us to fly on the far end of the strip. Met some of the nicest guys in the world and we enjoyed each other's company. In those days model RC helicopters were a new breed of flying. No gyros or ESCs, servos were quite crude. All aircraft receivers and radios were on Mhz. You flew a colored pendent on your antenna so others knew what frequency you're on. They were gas power, all helicopters had a fly bar and setting them up wasn't easy. But the Germans flew them like champs with no problems. When I did return to the hobby it was after seeing a RC helicopter at a trade show. Been addicted to them ever sense.

Rackman

Well I can see that you take great pride in them and have a strong knowledge of each one of them. I myself have a few SR's as well of course i keep there fight times minable. but all so have the Blade 400 which I just get a kick out of flying, drive.. and the there's my Blade230s I'm not all that impressed with it as I thought i would be LOL . and last to add to my list is my Align 450 pro's 2 of them ( it's an addition I've had to get a hold of and just STOP ) I'm not a 3D flyer far from it . but I believe I have things under control now...getting to hard to see them in the air anymore. but i must say those are some very nice birds. if it not already painted or a decal I'm in trouble :) I'll send out a ew picks later if the not already viewable. my memory is beginning to the Dogs so please forgive me..

Top Bottom