crash 101

Adam

So I finally had my first decent crash and no not on video or else i would air it. Im flying the trex showing the neighbor boy all the ins and outs of the heli and we went through one battery no problem he was actually a little scared of it which is good. Well during the second battery my WIFE decided to walk across the flying field to us to show interest (actually to see what i wanted for chinese but) I decided to do a fly by when she was behind from left to right hard bank left and then fly by and then hard bank right and when i came across well i screwed up and the blades struck the ground (oh yeah i like flying low). I didnt have time to throttle cut. I will show a picture of the main shaft if someone asks. So set of blades main shaft need to rebuild two cyclic servos feathering shaft and i havent even taken it apart and inspected everything and of course that was the eighth flight today lol. Hope everyone has better luck than me.

Lee

Good to get the first crash over with. Now you won't feel so bad on the next one. When i crash now, i just start laughing :D

Tony

Staff member
He starts laughing then goes into his house, which is pretty much an RC Store now, and grabs the parts off the shelf and is back in the air in 30 minutes lol. Sucks about the crash, yes we want to see pics (you should know this by now) and hope you get it in the air soon. Get a good pair of 3G blades (yes 3G, not 3D) and make that heli fly like it did for me.

stokke

Sad to hear, Adam. But as Lee said, now you've gotten over the first one!
I'm still waiting for mine to happen *knock on wood*

Adam

oh yeah tony this bird flies awesome I setup all flight parameters on the computer in the 3gx and yes now I use 3g blades cause this Godspeed is insane. I will get a picture as soon as we have power here lol. 1512 people out of power and don't know the cause.

- - - Updated - - -

headspeed lol phones auto correct

Adam

Alright power came back on. So i am pretty amazed that the canopy lived through this crash but it was the head that took the beating lol. Heres the pic guys and if you can see whats wrong hahahahaha
20120819_084945.jpg

20120819_084945.jpg

Adam

It was an exciting day of flying though lol. Im getting parts through readyheli is there another good align site maybe cheaper.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I get all my parts fron experiancerc.com. There out of Lavonia Mi. Great people. I bought my 600 from them at the Toledo RC show two years ago.

taizi

ouch!!!, touch wood ive never had one that bad... good job mate, ive lost count on the number of tail booms and feathering shafts i replaced on my cp3
hope you get it the air soon

Top Bottom