Micro Couldn't hold off...

EyeStation

My 130x is getting steady! I put the MicroHeli tail mod on it, and opted to order that Lynx Digital Servo with mounting hardware.
The tail mod was a night and day difference with slop. Now the slop is in the plastic servo horn within the servo. It is able to rock back and forth in place. This caused so much jitter that the carbon of the internal slide resistor wore off in the center of the wiper.
So, I will pull the tail servo off for the last time while I take the other three off for a good swabbing.
Lynx servo should be here by Thursday.
150 DFC is still a wonderful bird, the headspeed is just a bit much for in the house. These are not designed to be bounced off the furniture or to have their blades dig into the carpet.

EyeStation

Got some nice two layer foam at work today and decided to turn my T-Rex 450XL case into a T-Rex 150 DFC² Flight case. Room for 8 batteries on one side and a spot for a modest "Crash Kit" on the other. Snug as two bugs in a rug... Unless that rug is a hairpiece.
[video=youtube_share;HOWoRhOWhs8]http://youtu.be/HOWoRhOWhs8[/video]

EyeStation

Yeah, more the spare parts bin than a crash kit. I hope to not crash them,(much). The second one was picked up as a parts heli for $160. The previous owner did about a dozen flights and crashed it when inverted. He knew the feathering shaft and the skids were trashed and was unable to find replacements. He did replace the main shaft after the spill though. He got fed up waiting for the parts after pulling his original sale thread, and offered it to me for my interest and for egging him on to keep it. When I got it home, I went through Gaba's teardown and saw the damage to the original plastic that was plaguing the first batch. I tossed on a new frame, feathering shaft, new swash just in case, and skids. Put her down on the floor and spooled her up. Smooth as butter. So, two good fliers now.
I might use one for the "All Align" , and my first as the Aftermarket test machine.

EyeStation

Got some things installed on the 130x.
Lynx Autorotation gear and main shaft, Lynx digital tail servo, MH tail, head and swash. All mounted to an old frame with original main blades and MH tail blades. A noticeable difference in smoothness.
Here's a look over, sorry but keycam was the quickest upload.
[video=youtube_share;Y2Z3flQ-mas]http://youtu.be/Y2Z3flQ-mas[/video]
And a batteries worth of hoverings. Let me know if you see something I can smooth out.
There was one tail jerk at the 2:09 point. Gain to high? low? Input please.
[video=youtube_share;7SXKGjZC16M]http://youtu.be/7SXKGjZC16M[/video]

EyeStation

And a 150 DFC flight after Lynx swash upgrade. Not liking how she changes attitude when trying to piro. I have a level swash throughout range.
I don't know if this is a "gyro" effect due to the board possibly not being perpendicular to the main shaft. They all seem to be shipped with the top board higher on the helis right side.
[video=youtube_share;mhA9hsfgag4]http://youtu.be/mhA9hsfgag4[/video]

pvolcko

Hmm. There was another thread with odd piro issues. Turned out to be a piro compensation setting problem. Might want to check that setting, if it has it adjustable, to make sure it's trying to maintain swash attitude property during a prio.

Or could maybe be the gyro unlevel issue you mentioned. I'd definitely try to remount that and get it level.

EyeStation

Thanks Paul, I believe it was Geralds 60° flight thread with the suggestions. I checked for tail tweak, that seems pretty square. Not happy with my gyro tape, so I will do that when setting up the new frame. One thing I have a hard time doing is the COG test. The little motor has a stiff magnetic cogging happening that it will overcome any imbalance when suspending from the rotor blade. I might have to pull off the main gear to perform the COG test.
150 Gyro board.jpg
You can see, the bottom board mounts flush to the frame. The next layer of pc board shows the right side of the heli is higher than the left. Its the way they are assembled together. The third board above the gain pot is just an antenna ground plane, so the orientation of that should have no effect.

- - - Updated - - -

well damn, looking at the picture here and not my phone, the bottom board is skewed.

150 Gyro board.jpg

Top Bottom