Futaba Copying a model from a T8FG to T10CHG

jdjeff

Ok...first let me say I stink at programming futaba transmitters. I can navigate around ok and reassign switches/knobs. But beyond that, I'm lost.

My first futaba (T10CHG) came preprogrammed for a Naza based quad. Forced fail safe was also part of the configuration using switch F.

I recently bought a used naza hex that came with a T8FG. Forced failsafe is not programmed on this transmitter. I would like that function to work on this hex.

Both my quad and my hex have the R6208SB receivers. But as it turns out, the hex is using SBus and the quad is using the standard servo wires.

At a minimum, I would like the hex to have the forced fail safe on one of the spare T8FG switches. But ideally, I would like to get both models on the T10CHG.

I attempted to look in the 10CHG to see how it was done, but it doesn't make enough sense to attempt the same setup in the T8FG.

I wathced a video on YT that did exactly that, program forced fail safe on a T8FG. I followed along, hitting pause, performing the step, and the guy just wasn't clear enough for me to get it to work. He would go into a certain screen and I got lost when I saw his channel setup was different than mine. He then said if you use SBus, this may not work for you.

My thought was to duplicate the T10 model already programmed as the quad. And work with that. But now the SBus thing is throwing me off. Or is there actually a way to copy the model from the T8 to the T10? I see the T8 has an SD slot and the T10 has some other storage gadget that you need. Where can I go to watch a futaba for idiots video?

- - - Updated - - -

p.s. When I speak of 'forced fail safe', I'm not referring to the transmitter power switch fail safe. I'm referring to a seperate fail safe on one of the switches

RandyDSok

I don't believe the 8FG is backwards compatible with the 10CG memory card wise... the 10CG's campac's are proprietary to Futaba so there is no way that I'm aware of to read/write them from another device except another compatible radio ( like the 9C's )... This was probably one of the reasons that Futaba quit using the more expensive campac's and went to a more universal memory card like the SD's

Top Bottom