450 Converting Trex 450 sport to FBL

Karubah

Did a lot of damage to the Flybar on the 450 last time out so decided to go FBL as I picked up a new 3Gx unit for a $100 so its just a matter of getting a fbl head. What I was wanting to know is can I use my existing swash and linkages? Thanks in advance for any info. Cheers Andy.

Karubah

Thanks Tony thats the one I was looking at. The linkages I was refering to are the ones from the servos to the swash. Sorry I did not make this clearer earlier. Cheers Andy.

Tony

Staff member
Oh, Yeah, you can still use those. The swash should be in teh same position no matter what head you are going to run. So, you should be able to drop the new main shaft with head and grips on it (with your feathering shaft and dampers) into the swash and bearings, and be ready to adjust the pitch. Can't wait to see all of this come together.

Karubah

You were saying V3 sucks. What probs were you having with it it as that's the version I have on the 550. Have not flown it properly as yet until I get my confidence and skills up.

Tony

Staff member
V3.0 is VERY unstable during take-off and landings. I first tried to put the 600 in the air on 3.0 and damn near tipped it over because the swash was tilting all the way one way or the other. I put 3.1 in it just to see if it would work better, and was able to finally put the 600 in the air and it was dead stable. Well, until the exhaust gasket blew out and I almost put the muffler in the blades lmao.

Upgrade your 550 to 3.1 now. Then redo the DIR and Rudder setup and you will be golden!

Lee

3.1 fixes the problem with instability during take off and landing. Quite important part i would say, take off and landing??? LOL :D

Karubah

You right about takeoff and landing being just a little bit important Lee. I have been having a bit of a hard time taking off with the 550, I get it very light on the skids and put in minute corrections until it's sitting square on the ground and then pop it in the air before it trie to tip over. Will definately go to 3.1. Cheers Andy.

Top Bottom