450 Converting Fb to DFC head........mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Diederik

So, I am busy converting a HK 450 to a DFC head and Tarot gyro, everything goes smooth until I decide to check the pitch.............swash goes up, I get negative pitch, swash goes down, I get positive pitch..............

Scratching, thinking, scatching, thinking,...........brainwave, lets turn the arms(on which the blades bolt down) around, loosen them off the ball joint, loosen the linkage, otherwise you can not swivel them to the other side, reconnect..............CORRECT!!!!!!!!

Now what upsets me is the fact that I bought a assembled head, how do they manage to stuff that up?

Would have been funny trying to fly it like that............I can just imagine

Diederik

Answer! China!!
That might be so but I have two clones, properly set up and checked, one fitted with an FM and one without. One useing Hitech servo's, thats the one I am converting with a DFC head and another, my first ever heli running cheap stuff. Both have given me excellent service. You should realize it is a clone you are buying. Both of them are only using stuff I have bought from either HK or from Go Go RC. I also have a few FP 4 channel from HK, crashed over and over and over, the only stuff that has been replaced have been battery's and blades.

Maybe I am lucky or I make double, tripple sure that everything works. I only have time to fly Cp heli's over the weekends IOW 3 evenings during the week are spend either on forums or checking my heli's.

Tony

Staff member
QC in china is crap. Plain and simple. The DFC head on HK's site shows the blade grips backwards. The link on the grips should be on the leading edge of the grips, not the trailing edge as they show in the picture. Horrible products. Maybe you get lucky once in a while, but that is only going to be about 10% of the time. If you want assurance, get Align or higher.

Diederik

That is partially true, part of my business is selling Chinese bikes for the past 10 years and they have come far. Hobby related I might agree. But between our RC cars, helis and my wife's hobby it is either chinese or no flying at all. The ZAR and dollar situation does not do much to help either

Diederik

I am going camping this weekend but no flying will be done, both helis are coming with for maintenance. i like tinkering, maybe that is why the extra work that chinese parts require does not matter to me as much as it does to some of you

Top Bottom