General Connections??

concodd

Finally got my SBEC from Hobbyking, ordered 2 months ago!!!. The input from the ESC, I assume goes into the throttle connection on the 3GX and I assume the input from the SBEC goes into aux 2 or 3 in the RX ??

Tony

Staff member
It will actually go into the Batt/bind port. What you will do is plug the BEC into the 3GX and bind the 3GX/Sat/Rx(if you have this) to your Tx, and at this time, your BEC will be plugged into any available port other than the color coded ports. This should provide power so you can bind. Once bound, pull the bind plug, disconnect the battery (bec) then plug the bec into the batt port.

I am assuming you are only running satellites, but with what you stated about aux1/aux2, you might be running a separate Rx. Let me know if this is confusing as well as what your setup is and I will help further.

concodd

Hi Tony, we spoke before about connecting, everything up, but that was when I had the previous ESC that blew up. Now have the castle creation model you suggested, and as I said it has taken so long to get my SBEC, I have forgotten how to set things up. I am not running on Satellites. Have a JR TX and running on JR RX and Align 3GX setup. And can take photo if that will help.

Tony

Staff member
You'll have to forgive me for not remembering. I have a lot going on right now and things get scrambled in my head lmao.

You should be able to plug into any open port, the positive and negative should be on the same circuit on the backplane. So there should be 0 risk plugging the BEC into another port for power.

concodd

This is what you suggested previous:-If the ESC is the one that I think it is (the one that says OPTO under the 150), then there is no reason to unplug any wires. Just connect the ESC into your throttle port on your Rx and connect your BEC into the Battery port on your Rx and you are done. You will need to solder the INPUT wires to the BEC onto the INPUT of the ESC though so that you can get power from the battery. You can make a harness so you can unplug the BEC if you wish. Just forget about the OPTO as that was the one I blew up. I get that I can plug the ESC into the throttle of the 3gx as that is still available but I only have the aux 2 & 3 available on the RX. Power is not a problem as I have a harness set up.

Tony

Staff member
That was kinda hard to decipher. If you could, use the quote tags or at lease separate it somehow to make it a little easier to read. I'm working more now than I have in my life and I'm quite tired lol.

The throttle port on the 3GX must have the ESC plugged into it, so that takes out that option. You can refer to this picture for the visual explination of why it has to be plugged in there. Hope it makes sense, I'm sure I'm not at this time lol. I'm quite tired. As you can see, you will plug the BEC into the lower left port on the 3GX.

3gx.jpg

3gx.jpg

Top Bottom