ESC Confused?

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Once again I went flying and now I have problems with my ESC...I think. When I start up my 500, my ESC " HobbyWing 100 amp" goes straight to high rpm without out me switching modes. My settings where N= 0/65/65/65/65 1=75/75/75/75/75 2= 85/85/85/85/85. I tried dropping my mode settings to N= 0/65/65/65/65 1= 70/70/70/70/70 2= 80/80/80/80/80 to see what happens. I did reprogrammed my esc again before the flight hoping that will work. Nah, the same thing. It wants to go straight to high RPM. Even when I drop down from mode 2 to 1 to n the RPM stays the same. I do have the Gov. set to store not elf. I never had this problem before when I flew the 500. Just all of the sudden this high RPM is new. I have no idea what's wrong beside it's time for a new esc but I don't think so...I hope. Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

Tony

Staff member
I know you said you reprogrammed it, but did you redo the Gov Store at 50% again? I'm thinking it may have lost its program and needs everything from step 1. I would also connect the box to it and verify all of the other settings as well such as brake and slow spool up.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Thank you Tony for responding. Sorry it took so long to get back to you. Sometimes life gets in the way Lol. Anyway, I did go back to the beginning and started over from step one. My problem is that I can't get the ESC to do the first couple of beeps before I return the throttle stick back down to 0 so the ESC recognize 0 percent. I did have straight 50 in normal mode and let the heli run for about 20 to 30 second. Still wants to run high rpm. Here's the video I used to help me and @ marker 46 seconds is the problem I'm running into . It doesn't make that funky sound like it suppose too. Second question is why or how did this happen in the first place if I didn't mess around with anything. Very strange I tell you.

Tony

Staff member
Do you not have a programming box?

And no worries about the delay, with what I'm doing now days, I can't get on here like I used to. And as much as I type throughout the day, I really don't want to type anymore when I'm done lol. But, I still enjoy helping people lol.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Yes I do have the programming box. I was thinking about putting the ESC back into default and start all over again. It's just got me a little tick off that the ESC hiccup on me for no apparent reason.

Tony

Staff member
Yea, I would be right there with you. But I would have to fly a LOT more for these issues to pop up lol.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
OK. After setting everything back to default and starting all over from the beginning, I got the 500 esc working correctly :). I got my settings back to where I like it. N= 0/65/65/65/65, 1= 75/75/75/75/75 2= 85/85/85/85/85. Still I'm confused how the the esc hiccup and was stuck on high RPM without me touching nothing. Probably one will never know. It's the wonderful world of electronics I guess Lol.

Tony

Staff member
I have heard a few times about these things just spontaniously losing their program. No rhyme or reason, they just reset to some generic default.

At least you were able to get it back, know the steps to take in case it happens again, and can post up more videos..... Ahem..... you can fly it again and have fun :biggrin1:

Top Bottom