computer games

Tony

Staff member
About the only game I play online out here in the country, is RealFlight. I don't have the bandwidth or the latency to play anything on my xbox or ps3 sadly.

I have full cable modem, plus if the cable ever goes down I can link up my iphone 4 and use it as a hotspot for the PS#.. tried it before worked great...

Tony

Staff member
yeah, I could do it with my iPhone4, but I would run though my bandwidth pretty quickly with that lol. May give it a shot one of these days though.

murankar

Staff member
Well I broke down and got Stronghold 3 today. this game will sap your pc of any power real quick. ratings are recommended: 1.8 quad core, 4 gigs Memory, 512 video memory and 5 gigs hdd space. I ran this for about 5 hours today and had to over clock and run the super fan on this lappy. It got really warm but ran perfect till the end. I shut down to give it a break.

I'm all set for that.. I have anew laptop.. Dell XPS 17" touchscreen 2.0gightz i7 (8 core), Nvidia GeForce 555M 3GB memory, 8 gigs DDR3 memory..

has turbo-boost, so all 8 cores can bump up to 2.9gightz..

Tony

Staff member
Actually to clarify, the i7 is a 4 core with Hyper Threading creating 4 virtual cores. sounds like a great lappy though.

murankar

Staff member
The large map started killing the performance once I was close to filling it up. I would lag about 6 seconds every 6 to 10 seconds. I do have all the setting jacked all the way up. I have yet to figure out how to work in the army building process.

best part about the lappy is I can hook it to the 55" flat 240htz LED tv via HDMI makes games, and web surfing Lifesized!! lol

Top Bottom