Comparing 2 DX7s TRanmitters

Slobberdog

I don't understand why HH don't have back lights on all of its tx's, jeez it would not be that expensive, not when they would buy in bulk..........

Nice job dude!

Westy

LEGEND
yeah .. I would have paid the extra few bucks .... 30 bucks maybe ... .surely the LCD out of hte Dx8 goes straight into it???? wonder if anyone knows that?

Lee

I hated the screen on the DX6I with no back light. The DX8 is so easy to see in all conditions with the light.

Slobberdog

Yeah dx8 for me if the back pay for my pay rise comes off, but might have to hide that one from the misses, lol

pvolcko

In retrospect I should have gone with the DX8 instead of the DX7s for just this reason (also 3 position switches on most things, instead of 2). DX7s is a good Tx, but the backlight would have helped in many situations.

AS for the dx8 screen being a direct swap. I don't know. I thought the dx8 screen also had a bit better resolution too. May be remembering wrong. If it does, then likely not able to be swapped in.

And cost difference on these components, even in bulk, can be significant. Enough for $30 to cover with profit, sure, but then it screws with HH's intended price-point breakdown on the product. In order to keep their price-point and put backlight in, they might have had to remove the rubber grips on the sides (and that may not work either since they wouldn't want to have a separate mold for DX7s from DX8, which also screws with their costs and pricing) or go with a cheaper plastic (affecting overall quality and warranty costs). It's all a balancing act.

wolfman76

I agree bout the dx6 screen which is why i bought the el mod kit from Tony when he had them so mine has the white el backlight in it

Westy

LEGEND
I am happy with mine.... I was not happy with the first one in the first picture as the Tape to secure the Back light can be seen through the screen .. so pulled it all out again and did it properly!

the second and third photos are the finished product.....

P1100333.jpgP1100352.jpgP1100353.jpg

P1100333.jpg

P1100352.jpg

P1100353.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom