Checks? what checks?

treff

IMG_7704 by treff, on Flickr
Tail box blew out completely, disintergrated and this was after reading Lee's thread on pre flight checks. I did the pre flight but
your either lucky or your not. On this occasion lady luck was looking somewhere else.

danhampson

yeah we have all been there mate (nature of the hobby crap) hope you get it rebuilt quickly mate its a shame to waste the nice weather that we are having at the moment.

Good luck with the rebuild.

treff

Cheers guys, no rebuild this time. I am changing my allegiance away from Align and I am going to try something else. The name ends in 360, so
hopefully the engineering will be better. It's going to be a slow process because of a lack of funds but I'm not spending anymore cash
with Align or any of their clones. With this crash I could see no reason and still can't for the tail box to explode, not a pretty sight but it's
all part of the hobby. I just need more cash, loads more cash. LOL

Lee

Sorry to see the crash Treff.
Heres the first video of the new KDS Chase 360 size heli.

Last edited by a moderator:

murankar

Staff member
Unless its a Warp, then yes the quality will be far better. You'll see the quality as soon as the box is opened. Good luck!!

murankar

Staff member
Something earned its paycheck on that day. That gyro was sputtering bad at 2 points in the video. I bet that gyro was happy after that flight. That pilot did a decent job at trying to kill it. I was hoping for a mobious

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

treff

Yes the head speed sound like it's way off the clock. Think I'm going for the warp. I like the engineering very much. Can you buy wider skids? I think the Goblin
ones will fit but not to sure. Also what servos will it take in the cyclic, I'm not sure of the size. Just need to save a few more pennies lol. Getting to the stage when
I need to have a heli that is reliable. Been over the crashed heli and I can not see what could have cause the tail box to explode. I side was completely blown off shearing
all the bolts. The other side had split. No warning at all.

Lee

Cyclic servos are micros same as the 450.
A few options out there. RJX, Alpha 48, MKS 92A+, Turnigy 306HV, KST,
When I have the spare cash, I will be trying the RJX's

treff

Thanks for the link. I have been drooling over this for some time lol. I have savox servos so for cash sakes(shortage of) will use these. Thanks also to Lee for his flying vids, great. I see also
that the 360 can use 3cell batteries. I will go with the bigger size because I hope to buy with motor and blades.
I forgot to add the problem with the 450 was the drive in the tail had come away from the shaft and the shaft had snapped which in turn had ripped off the side of the tail box. I'm glad really
because even with the best pre flight inspection I would not have found or noticed this failure.

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
Yeah the warp is basically a 450 or a 480ish size kit. The warp can run either 3s or 6s. On 3s you will fly with 325mm mains and somewhere around 60mm tail blades.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Top Bottom