Servos Cheaper replacement for traxxas 2018

Tony

Staff member
The first one will work, or should, but is stupid slow. The second one is a micro, you need a standard size servo. This is another case where you get what you pay for. I'm running the Spektrum S6040 and it's a great servo. Perfect centering (which you need in a truck this size) and has 166 oz/in of torque with a .08 transit time.

Tony

Staff member
I want you to remember the solar servos that I had. They had HUGE dead band in the center. Those may be different than the ones that I had, but I doubt it. If they dont' center that well, the truck will wonder all over the place. But, just being metal geared, it should be better.

callsign4223

Staff member
I think solar got a reputation for bad centering because on the page where they are selling these there is a youtube review by HobbyPartz showing how well these servos center. Here is where I am coming from. This is going to be a backyard beater truck, I don't intend to do anything competitive with it. This is a truck for me to learn nitro, for me to learn ground pounders, and for me to be able to play with my kids and get their hands on a TX. As we were going over this truck we found so much tore up on it I just don't really trust the servos that are still probably functional. The problem is that I don't have $60 to replace all three servos with traxxas replacements. If I can get replacements for $10 a piece that is a lot easier to swallow.

Top Bottom