Cases Cheap charge case

Evening guys,
Finished a project that saves me shed loads of charge time... flying 12s on a budget is a pain. But can now charge 2x 6s 5000Mah in 40 mins, and I didn't break the bank.

IMG_9974.JPG

Still needs tidying up but for £130 GBP I'm not complaining. ($170).

Already had the aluminium case lying around..
A single 12v 575w power supply is enough so not even any grounding mods needed.
May add some LED under Perspex later on

Chris
AKA The Flying Hippo

Geena

Staff member
Nice looking setup. 40 minutes for two 6s 5000s is not bad at all. That will keep you flying all day for sure. :)

That's at 7amps per pack. At 5amps (1c) it takes about 55mins to an hour depending on how low I've run them...
I'm happy as I only used to have the one charger which took an hour each... that was a pain

Geena

Staff member
I know what you mean there. I was using a Dynamite Ultra Duo charger for a long time. Great charger, but was only able to charge one battery per channel. Plus it took an hour to charge them, and it made flying a 700 back to back a real pain. Now I can charge two 12s sticks in about 20 minutes, and I`m loving it.

Tony

Staff member
That is a very nice setup there Chris! One of these days, you will find a 30 or 40 amp charger for cheap, then you will get another PSU with a floating DC ground, and you should be able to reduce your charge times down to about 30 minutes while parallel charging the packs. It's nice to have those others handy in case you need to charge something smaller, but once you have a 30+amp charger, you will never look back. And when flying something like the Hippo, it's needed! lol.

So when are we going to see this bird in the air again?

Top Bottom