Chase or cockpit views

donles

Hi,

I'm a new user of Phoenix flight sim and have not found a way to enable Chase View. I haven't seen it mentioned in the user manual.
I turned up graphics settings but has not changed.

Thanks.

Tony

Staff member
You can only use that view on a few areas. They can't be a picture of a flying field, rather they have to be an infinite flying area to use either of these views.

Derek

Yes, the cockpit view can only be used in the 3D Infinityscapes. As long as you've done all your updates, which it should have done it automatically for you, you should have several Infinityscape landscapes to choose from. Once you are there, you can then use the cockpit and chase views.

In fact, I think I might just load up the simulator and do some flying. If you are interested in joining me, look for the Rc Help flight session in about 15 minutes. The password is, as always, RCH....in all caps.

donles

Finally selected default highlands and the chase option was active. It seems to be a lot more forgiving than the default. I'm learning cp and the helis frequently get away from me and I cannot discern the heading well enough.
Thanks!

Tony

Staff member
Just so you know, orientation is the FIRST thing you need to learn with a helicopter. Keep it close to you, and keep it tail in until you are ready to move around. have a look at the RCH Flight School under the Articles tab for more help in learning how to fly.

donles

Thanks Derek and Tony. I've got some catching-up to do. I want to check out the training articles and I'll introduce myself in the new member area.

Top Bottom