250 CFX 270 on fire

Mikker

This machine if far superior to the other crap blade produces. It flies like a baby 360. The AR 7200 is a much simpler design from a adjustment standpoint. If you need to adjust the gains all you need is a 00 flat tipped driver. The thought of digitally adjusting gains is a joke. We spent all the time I want on the 230s RX. It has just eaten my last nerve up. I am awaiting Tony's mailing address to send him my 230. He believes a simple adjustment that is beyond my pay grade may fix it. I hope so. It was my favorite bird during my simulator transition and for that I am thankful.

We took the time to set the throttle up in small increments until reaching 75%. The response from the tail is astronomical compared to the standard 40% settings that were initially programmed during unboxing.

I have not worked up the nerve to perform 3D maneuvers yet. With that said, my pitch settings are very mild. They start at 40,50,60,75,90. This is in both normal and stunt1 modes. My throttle settings top off at 65% in both modes as well. Normal mode is set as 0,30,40,50,65. Then stunt1 is flat 65%.

I find that I can take off and land in normal mode. After a liftoff we switch to stunt1 and run the flat 65% throttle with the matching pitch curve. This thing flies like a dream. The added benefit is the additional flight time by staying under the maximum throttle settings. We are noticing that the parasitic heat is much lower when the motor is not under full load.

That's my story and I hope anyone just starting out will take the time to advance through simulation first. Then transition to a micro cp heli. Finally save up and buy a decent kit like the 270 instead of throwing tons of money away to ultimately end up in one (270).

Tony

Staff member
Glad you are finally getting this thing dialed in. Sounded like a nightmare there for a while.

also, I moved this into the 250 section since it has 270mm blades. The 250 section goes up to 300mm blades. I also moved your other threads into that section as well. This helps keep things organized so others can find it in the future.

I just bought one of these on Thursday, the esc wasnt calibrated but the hobby shop did that then demo'd it for me. It looks like exactly what i need to get to the next level. I spent some time on the phone changing failsafe to switch A but we are good now. Also the BeastX is locked to a certain point, you have to pay $99 extra to get the full potential out of it.

holtneil

Hi Guys I just got my wife the blade 230S to learn on and I have not had a problem out of the box it flies like its on rails , Rodney warned me it a little twichie on take off , but thats all i have found , I do wish then had these sort of heli when I was learning my skyartech wasp cost me £30 for 30 seconds of flight , well here is video proof that they do fly well I am Buddy boxing with the DX9
https://youtu.be/ExJ-jnccwas

bigone5500

I just bought one of these on Thursday, the esc wasnt calibrated but the hobby shop did that then demo'd it for me. It looks like exactly what i need to get to the next level. I spent some time on the phone changing failsafe to switch A but we are good now. Also the BeastX is locked to a certain point, you have to pay $99 extra to get the full potential out of it.

The beastx that comes in the 270 already has the safe bailout mode installed so no need to pay $100 for the upgrade. Verify safe is on by powering your rx then watch the led sequence. After the blue led lights up there should be a red one which will stay illuminated for 8 seconds indicating that it is active. I have the DX6e Tx and safe is activated with switch A.

Top Bottom