ESC CC BEC PRO & Talon 90 ESC & Servo Ext Lead Splitter Idea??

Bruno

I am using a CC BEC PRO external BEC with the Talon 90 ESC. CC recommends the removal of the ESC red wire when using the external BEC. Consequently, I attached an extension wire with the red wire removed from the receiver end connection.

This works fine.

However, in order to program the ESC I have to disconnect the extension/Esc connection and plug in the Castle link (Chip) directly to the ESC female end.

This works fine.

However, this connection/reconnection is a bit of a PIA.

I am thinking of using a servo splitter and a servo extension wire so that I may keep this system connected and have a female connection access available for the Castle Link for programing purposes.

QUESTION: is there anything wrong with my idea?
1) Will it work?
2) Will it cause a short?

I have attached a pic of the splitter and a servo extension wire.

Servo Splitter & Extension Wire.jpg

Servo Splitter & Extension Wire.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Should work just fine. As long as you plug in your link cable the correct way, there will be no shorting.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Bad idea

Castle has come up with a device for just this so that the loose metal ends don't pick up signals and noise from the motor and feed it into the esc. It's like three antennas hanging on the side of your esc

I thought the same thing, but then read up on it, looked into castle quick connect and it was a small price to pay. I would NOT recommend a simple splitter. That castle quick connect has a filter and a circuit that disables esc's throttle I/O when cable is connected to computer.. You don't want the esc to react on you by turning on the motor when it's programming or something.

Last edited:
Top Bottom