Wanted: Castle link cable

callsign4223

Staff member
Anyone have a spare castle link cable they would be willing to send my way for the price of postage? Somehow my eBay build your own kit didn't come with the cable so I can't properly program the esc.

Smoggie

It's not a cable you need as such, you need a Castle USB link dongle. Any regular micro USB cable plugs into the dongle.
These USB Links retail for $20-$30 so unlikely that many folk would want to give a working one away. As already noted, if you buy a Castle ESC in the full retail package you get a voucher for the USB Link.

Tony

Staff member
Hey Smoggie, just an FYI, this is my administrator here on the site and I assure you, he can be trusted with borrowing things for a short time. If he doesn't, I will rip his beard off lmao. But Matt is a good guy if anyone wants to loan him the piece. I would if I had ever owned one. But have not.

Tony

Staff member
I will bet money they cashed the coupon in and are now selling all of the links on the side for more of a profit. One reason I HATE ebay...

What needs to be programmed on it? It was doing just fine here at the house.

Smoggie

Hey Smoggie, just an FYI, this is my administrator here on the site and I assure you, he can be trusted with borrowing things for a short time. If he doesn't, I will rip his beard off lmao. But Matt is a good guy if anyone wants to loan him the piece. I would if I had ever owned one. But have not.

Sorry, my misunderstanding of the request. I didn't realise it was just a loan being requested. I have one which I've no problem with loaning but two way international postage would probably come close to the cost of a new one, so not really cost effective.

Tony

Staff member
It may not have been just a loan, I'm not sure. I just know Matt is a stand up guy and has helped me in more ways than I can count. There are a lot of people out there that have a few of these and really only need one. Maybe someone has a coupon code to order one that they are willing to let go... Matt needs to get back in the air that's for sure. He has a beautiful machine that I would love to fly one day. But my fingers are too out of practice lol.

callsign4223

Staff member
I thought they came in the box with the esc. Figured if someone had a couple of castle escs they might have a spare cable they didn't need. Didn't realize it was a coupon that had to be redeemed.

Tony

Staff member
Unfortunately yes. Pretty sure they do this because it saves them money on repeat buyers.

Derek

Yeah, there is a coupon in the Castle esc packaging for the Castle Link. Matt...if you are looking for a Castle Link, to keep, I can't help you. If you are just looking to borrow it, I would have no problem loaning you mine if the "loan time" was reasonable. If you can give me an estimated amount of time that you'd need to borrow mine, perhaps we can work something out. For example, if you simply needed it for about a month...I would have no troubles loaning you mine. Let me know!

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Sorry I didn't see this sooner. I have the cable and the part you send for. If you still need it, just let me know.

Top Bottom