Projects CARBON CUB MOTOR

Loopy

hI ALL,

My HZ Carbon Cub S2 motor has become very sloppy, vibrates really bad a full throttle. Motor mount is not loose. Any suggestions to upgrade the original PKZ5166 now EFLM480BL motor for a bit more power so I can really bury the nose in the ground when I crash it?:grief::beaten::mad-new:

RandyDSok

I can make a recommendation but it's a much higher quality motor and as such, higher priced. The up side is that the motor will be lighter and typically more powerful relatively speaking. The Motrolfly DM2081-1000 should be a good replacement, it has a 1000kv and recommends a 10x5 to 12x6 prop see https://subsonicplanes.com/Motrolfly_Motors.html

Oh, one more thing, depending on the weight, you will likely need to recenter your CG using this or any other motor with a different weight than the original. Eflite motors are typically pretty heavy for their size.

Loopy

I can make a recommendation but it's a much higher quality motor and as such, higher priced. The up side is that the motor will be lighter and typically more powerful relatively speaking. The Motrolfly DM2081-1000 should be a good replacement, it has a 1000kv and recommends a 10x5 to 12x6 prop see https://subsonicplanes.com/Motrolfly_Motors.html

Oh, one more thing, depending on the weight, you will likely need to recenter your CG using this or any other motor with a different weight than the original. Eflite motors are typically pretty heavy for their size.
Thanks Randy,
You may mean the DM2810??? Yes it's about $25 more than the stock one. I'll keep it in mind.

RandyDSok

Yes, the DM2810 ... but it has several kv options with the 1000 being close to the kv that is listed for the EFL480BL 960kv. They also have an 830kv and 1200kv models for that motor.

Loopy

Is the shaft bent? Prop out of balance? I put an APC on mine, no problems. I did balance it too.
APC??? The prop is out of balance. I have a balancer on order. The motor is quite wobbly as well. May still need a new motor. Will see.

RandyDSok

APC is a brand of props that has been around a really long time, their website is APC Propellers | Quality Propellers that are Competition Proven

Unless your a professional, I doubt the difference seen in prop balancers make much difference. The important part is they center on the prop hub. It's always recommended to balance your props, heli blades etc... before you use them and then again after several uses.

Loopy

APC is a brand of props that has been around a really long time, their website is APC Propellers | Quality Propellers that are Competition Proven

Unless your a professional, I doubt the difference seen in prop balancers make much difference. The important part is they center on the prop hub. It's always recommended to balance your props, heli blades etc... before you use them and then again after several uses.
WOW, I wonder if APC has enough choices???:dizzy: Thanks, I had never heard of them. Good pricing too.

Scotty68

Another possibility for a replacement motor if you end up needing one is a Leopard Hobbies motor. Altitude hobbies carries them. I have about 8 of them in various different sizes from small park flyers all the way up to a 36% Aeroworks Katana. They come in all kinds of different sizes and kv ratings, they'll fly circles around the eflte motors and they'll do it for about half the price.
Scotty68
Here is a link to one that I think you'd be very happy with: Leopard 2826-17T 1050kv Brushless Airplane Motor

Loopy

Another possibility for a replacement motor if you end up needing one is a Leopard Hobbies motor. Altitude hobbies carries them. I have about 8 of them in various different sizes from small park flyers all the way up to a 36% Aeroworks Katana. They come in all kinds of different sizes and kv ratings, they'll fly circles around the eflte motors and they'll do it for about half the price.
Scotty68
Here is a link to one that I think you'd be very happy with: Leopard 2826-17T 1050kv Brushless Airplane Motor
Always good to know. Thanks very much. :thankyou: :encouragement: At those prices, it might be worth just having one around!!!!

RandyDSok

That one may be a bit small for the job... the replacement EFLM480BL is a 480 class motor... the Leopard that was linked to is only a 370

Top Bottom