450 Can't go any cheaper than a 450

rotary174

Thanks for the Tip Chris. I happen to be looking for some wood blades....but for my 250. Thanks anyway though. By the way, I've received a zillion E-mails asking me to respond to this....I'd rather wait until I was online. Can't figure out how to turn them off. The settings are a bit cryptic. tks Gary

hawk-i

I bought 5 sets of those blades like Derek showed and they seem to fly well. My only drawback from getting more is the black on the ends. I like my blades white so I can track them better. I can't see the blades when they are black with red paint on them but I'm getting old and can't see much of anything anyway.

rotary174

Maybe that's why they're so cheap Hawk....I like wood blades because when they hit something they sometimes spare catastrophic damage to other parts....but if you've got a fly bar....well you know the story. fly bars can eat up a helicopter...and you too. lol

Gary

chrisrock

I bought 5 sets of those blades like Derek showed and they seem to fly well. My only drawback from getting more is the black on the ends. I like my blades white so I can track them better. I can't see the blades when they are black with red paint on them but I'm getting old and can't see much of anything anyway.

that's true the white blades are easier on the eye. I bought myself the black and white blades on ebay, carbon/glass composites, they seem to be strong blades from what I noticed on this video

Mini Protos belt slip crash - YouTube

the only down side with blades that don't break is they brake your heli into pieces. Yes woodies are better on a crash, they do act like airbags for the heli.

murankar

Staff member
MS heli frames dont crash well to begin with. The frames are thin to keep weight down. Don't ask how I know. Lets just say my air frame went from being a single piece to a two piece real quick like and now its a rekit.

Carbon blades are stronger and can do more damage to any kit, except my X3. Throttle hold must be instinctive to minimize any damage. If there is one thing you need to learn on a sim its throttle hold at any moment of possible disaster.

chrisrock

MS heli frames dont crash well to begin with. The frames are thin to keep weight down. Don't ask how I know. Lets just say my air frame went from being a single piece to a two piece real quick like and now its a rekit.

Carbon blades are stronger and can do more damage to any kit, except my X3. Throttle hold must be instinctive to minimize any damage. If there is one thing you need to learn on a sim its throttle hold at any moment of possible disaster.

yep, that's definately something I am working on, I tend to forget to quickly flick the switch on the TH even IRL. :nervous:

chrisrock

Today, I bought myself the realflight simulator from my local hobby shop here in sydney, just to see the difference between phoenix and realflight, and I must say I like realflight more. I'm going to sell my phoenix sim to my flat mate as I manage to convince him to take up a hobby. :)

murankar

Staff member
Real flight is real nice. I have spent hours today trying to get er9x to play nice with it, getting closer. My dx5e plays well with it also.

Get the gronomod goblin from rchn. I have a few of their helis all fly well.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

chrisrock

Real flight is real nice. I have spent hours today trying to get er9x to play nice with it, getting closer. My dx5e plays well with it also.

Get the gronomod goblin from rchn. I have a few of their helis all fly well.

Will do. Thank you

chrisrock

I'm starting to get some of my stuff from the mail, they are all arriving slowly slowly. I haven't recieved my hxt900 servos(tp clones i think), but I did receive my emax servos. If my hxt's don't arrive soon, I think I'll be trying these out for cyclics.

Za0gjWY.jpg

I opened them up to see if there was any grease inside, and there was pleanty. This is a single bearing servo, I would prefer a double bearing servo, as they tend to hold up a bit better on crashes. None the less these are cheap servos, and it's ideal for the basher 450 that I'll be building. Will post more pics of other stuff when they arrive.

Za0gjWY.jpg

chrisrock

slowly slowly more stuff coming in the mail. I can't wait to build some helis so that I can fly. The weather here in sydney has been so so. Several 450 sport v3 frames have arrived, also I got some YEP and ICE esc, that has also arrived. WaQKUbS.jpg

I've been practicing heaps on the sim online(realflight), been itching to fly. :)

WaQKUbS.jpg

chrisrock

So here's my 450 slowly coming along, with all these parts I'm buying from ebay. It's getting there :hump: 14T pinion, 3600kv motor, YEP 60A

9ExyPGl.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I tested the emax es08md servos, and they are all good, I used my servo/batt tester(also from ebay) to verify it's specs(speed), and it's good enough. It's all metal, just single ball bearing. :( Hopefully those servos would cut it.

- - - Updated - - -

PS. It seems like it's going to be a long winter, so I am planning to build several basher 450's, so that I will be all setup for this summer. :)

9ExyPGl.jpg

murankar

Staff member
I t s looking all good. That sounds like a plane for the winter.

I wish i could get another X3 as standby but i need to look at new radio and charger first. I think the radio will be first.

chrisrock

I t s looking all good. That sounds like a plane for the winter.

I wish i could get another X3 as standby but i need to look at new radio and charger first. I think the radio will be first.

The radio is something I don't want to be cheap in. I bought myself a couple of months ago a spektrum DX8 from America on ebay. $330 free shipping. :)

murankar

Staff member
I am looking at Futaba either T8J or maybe an 8FG if the price is right.

chrisrock

yeah I was considering getting a futaba before the spektrum, but then I thought to myself would I be needing larger helis? So then I just opted for the spektrum, it does the job, and I like the sats, they are nice and small ideal for 450s or 250 size helis. My flatmate bought a futaba, it looks good.

chrisrock

P.S something to consider, get a TX that operates on the 5Ghz range, so that you won't get any interference with wifi from camera's, phones or other network.

Top Bottom