Projects Can't find the right pinion gear 2mm shaft 1.5 module

Inventorsteve

Hello im making a new gear box for a cheap RC car. Almost nothing stock about it but my pinion gears spins on motor shafts. Its a D shaft but the gears are just round, tried lots of stuff but it comes off after a while like super glue, loctite and soldering the inside of the brass gear to make a D shape and pressing it on. Now i want to add more cooling to the motor because i have over heated 2 now but cant find any pinion gears that will work ether wrong whole size or wrong module. I have a 2435 motor its a 2mm shaft and the gear is 1.5 mod im looking for around 10t-16t og is 9t. I don't want to lose to much torque as it is more for ripping in the ditch than the road. I can find 2mm shaft size but only ever under 1 mod .6 or .5 and if it is 1.5 mod its 2.3 or greater. I could be wrong on the mod number 48t+1/30.7mm tooth to tooth diameter.

Inventorsteve

welp got that wrong "Calculating gear module can be down by dividing the gear pitch diameter by the number of teeth on the gear" did that and ordered the gear. I think that I got sent the wrong pinion gear then because this 0.6 mod does not match the other gear or im really misunderstanding this.

RandyDSok

Ok... I'm posting something only sort of related to your question... but I don't have any experience with cars... so this is just some important info you need to know moving forward.

The numbers on motors like you gave mean nothing in an electrical technical sense and very little in a mechanical one. They represent the length and width but those could be from the stator size or the outside of the can size.... there is no standard on them. They also don't even indicate where possible mounting solutions may be located.

The important specs beyond the physical ones you need for mounting etc... are the electrical attributes. Without them you have no idea of what voltages range it works with, how many amps or watts it is rated for etc. Without knowing the limits of the electronics, you will likely burn it up until those are found and the values kept in the range of them. The other physical info you want to know is the rotational speed the motor is built to provide at the voltages it runs on. The rotational speed is usually given in kV which is a theoretical-ish value for 1000's of rpm's per volt at a certain load.

So when talking about your motors... you should list brand and model number. When looking at getting a motor, you want to know what voltage range they are rated for as well as it's amperage limit ( typically given as burst amps... but some do it properly and give amps at constant amps ). Then you'd want to know the kV of the motor so you can get the speed and gearing info calculated for the physical side of things. If you have a question about a brand/model... probably should also list the kV rating since many companies use the same base motor and just wind them for different kV speeds.

Top Bottom