General Canopy repairs?

xokia

Just thought I would share what I have had a lot of success with. I originally purchased some shoe goo to glue my tires on my aluminum rims of my brushless savage.

I've gotten pretty tired of buying mcpx canopies because they are so thin. So I decided to try and repair a couple of my old canopies with a little shoe goo. Well I can report back the stuff works great!!! I've glued back on completly torn of pieces and the stuff has been pretty amazing. I even glued the canopy nuts into my blade 300x and on my fiberglass trex 450.

If you have some damaged canopies try some shoe goo and see if you can get some more flight time out of it.

Last edited:

Derek

that's a cool tip. i think I have some of that shoe goo around.

Thanks for sharing!

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Or make a mcpx canopy out of photo paper which you can actually make it look like a goblin.. Boom and everything

And make a ton of them so you'll never have to deal with stockers :D

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

xokia

Or make a mcpx canopy out of photo paper which you can actually make it look like a goblin.. Boom and everything
Paper canopies in Oregon? :D I take it you dont know what we are best known for? The beavers and ducks are our college football teams take a wild guess?

This works on more then just the mcpx. I've also used it on my 450 and 300x. Not so much to repair but to hold the canopy nuts in. Works great. Also fixed some pretty big cracks on the 130x when my tail was spinning out of control. I even lost a canopy nut on the 130x. I used shoe goo then drilled a small hole where the canopy nut should be. Pops right on and holds snug just like a real canopy nut.

It does have one side effect. You cant keep using to much of the stuff as it will add weight to the canopy. So you just have to be mindful of that.

xokia

Thought I'd share a picture of the type of repair that can be done. This shoe goo has saved me tons of money on canopies. Even completely torn off pieces you can glue back on and have it still be durable.

3FD2BDE7-A7DA-431E-993A-0F789408C326-31857-0000179A62CD076D_zpsc7ae3cc1.jpg

Top Bottom