Micro Brushless MCPX video

Tony

Staff member
Sounds like the head speed is about 500-800 rpm slower than my HP05. Looks like it's locked in though and flies great. I have not looked yet, but is this an outrunner like the HP05 or an inrunner like the 130x?

Tony

Staff member
Really flying anything in the house is all based on the level of control of the user. If the user can keep it away from the walls and the dog, you can fly just about anything in there. Not that you should though. I fly the mSR and mcpx both in the house when I'm just testing things out and as stated above, I'm running the HP05 motor with much more rpm than these. It's all about what you feel comfortable with.

xokia

Really flying anything in the house is all based on the level of control of the user. If the user can keep it away from the walls and the dog, you can fly just about anything in there. Not that you should though. I fly the mSR and mcpx both in the house when I'm just testing things out and as stated above, I'm running the HP05 motor with much more rpm than these. It's all about what you feel comfortable with.
Yea understood and I agree generally. I'll hover the 130x in the house but thats about it because I know if I hit the wall or something else I'll be sleeping in the dog house. The standard MCPX I dont worry so much about in the house. It will knick sheetrock but the damage is generally minimal. I'm curious to someone who has one and who has dialed the head speed down how it does as a house flier. I've thought about picking one of these up. But at $230 its a little debatable. I've also seen they dropped the 300x down to $320 so I might pick one of those up instead.

Lee

I'm going to wait and see if we can upgrade our old MCPXs to this set up. Not going to pay that price.

Tony

Staff member
I agree Lee, there is no way I"m spending that money on a bird of this caliber. I would rather get the 130x. However, just a little more and I could get a real heli lmao.

xokia

I'm going to wait and see if we can upgrade our old MCPXs to this set up. Not going to pay that price.
I thought that was you in the first video. My mistake, I agree I thinks the price is WAY to much for what it is. But they were selling the V2 for $179 which was shocking in itself. Do they offer upgrade routes for old buyers? I would think if you had to buy all the parts and upgrade yourself it wouldn't be worth it. Just to much to buy.

Top Bottom