Brand New HK500 flybarless TT

Tony

Staff member
What ESC are you running? I had a cheap ESC on my 250 and it did this same thing. It's definitely an ESC issue, I just have no idea what causes it.

Ken Jackson

It's a Cobra 60 amp. It was a replacement for the Scorpion ESC that burnt up last season. I was worried I missed something in set up so I'm going through it again. It could also be a govenour set up issue. I'm thinking ESC but got to cover all the bases.

Thanks for your thoughts about it.

Tony

Staff member
Yeah I never dug much into the issue and just passed it off as a crappy ESC on mine. Make sure to check your start up settings and maybe change them to see what happens. Good luck and let us know what it turned out to be if you get it fixed.

Lee

Check the solder joints for bad connections.. Try running it on Throttle curves, to see if the Gov is the issue. Could it be a timing issue?

Ken Jackson

I'll mess with that ESC later. I took my Eflite 60 off my DFC (under repair) and put it on the HK.

Here is my official hover test. Just need to get the tail stuck a little better. Going to go through leveling and pitch set up again. If it pitched forward and banked right when I went to self level mode, i didn't get my set up right. I like the feel of IKon but some loops, rolls and inverted flight and I'll see if I like it better then the 3GX.

Stay Tuned!! HaHa

Ken

HK500 Official Maiden Hover Test - YouTube

Last edited:
Top Bottom