450 Braiding

Richyrich

Hi, does anybody know what the official name of the braiding which is often used over servo wires etc. I'm looking at a new kit and hopefully enclose all wires.

Any assistance appreciated.

Tony

Staff member
If you cut this stuff with scissors, put a flame to the end of it or it will unravel on you. below is a video on how to sleeve the wires, however, I do NOT show heating the end and I paid for it in the comments lol. My sleeve was too small and I couldn't do it, but it's highly suggested.

How To Sleeve Wires - YouTube

If you go onto Ebay look for hawk-rc Ebay user id & they sale full braiding kits in either multi colors of flourescent brights or blacks with like silver or gold or whatever weaved into them or they also sale long lengths of single colors aswell, for servos they give 6mm braid and the gyro they recomend 8mm. The stuff they sale is top quality at extreme low price I believe a whole kit which consists of 5 different strands of 6mm & 1 8mm is only $7 or like I said theyll also ssle you 1 single color in a 2 meter length that should get the job done. I bought the multi colored flourescent kit for my blade 450 3d so I could easily quickly tell exact routing of the wires without hesitation cuz each is a different color & then for my Align 450 pro with all the carbon fiber & me making the scheme a stealth like one I decided to buy their black/ silver braid cuz it so closely ressembles carbon fiber. If you look at any of my other threads youll find my DX7S customization and the knob switch cover replacements I have on it that are 3 different colors I also bought from them, really check them out they carry alot of cool and odd things that you normally wouldn't think of like a portable lipo powered soldering iron thst runs off your typical 3s lipo which is really cool.

Tony

Staff member
Glad I could help. Post pictures when you are done wiring up your toys. Would like to see them.

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
Know where I can get some for free..JK lol to lazy to put mine on, if I do then I wont be able to fly until I am done..cant cut into flight time. man I suck! lol

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
do it at night after you fly. Can't fly in the dark, so no down time hehe.

LOL..I am going to change out the Beast X on the G4 to the IKON, so I will have to do it then. I will actually put one on the Protos on the 4 sale section soon for anyone looking for a project bird.

Top Bottom