Prop BlitzRC Super Sky Surfer vs ArtTech Diamond 2500

I have been flying a standard sized 4 channel Sky Surfer, A 4 channel Wing Dragon and a 3 channel Radian for about a year now but I have this bug to go bigger. After searching the internet I found a few candidates with I narrowed the list down to just 2. At first the Super Sky Surfer and the Diamond 2500 seemed to be in close running for my next procurement. However; after more research the distance between them widened. The Super Sky Surfer may very well make a good sail plane but it fell lacking in a few areas. First it is a bit under powered. The wings are held in place only by friction. It is heavier with would be more wing loading. It is more time consuming to put together. And it is a relatively new plane. The Diamond 2500, on the other hand, with its power upgrade, has plenty of power to get to altitude quickly. The wings are solidly held in place by 2 pins. It has a 98.4" wing span with a wing loading of 35g/dm2. Very little to put together to get flying. It looks good and the Diamond has been around for a while. For me the choice is simple. The Diamond 2500 gets my vote.

Tony

Staff member
I'm probably not the best person to ask about this because I absolutely despise blitzrc and bananahobby. The parts they make are pure crap and very weak, and when you try to get customer service, it's non existent. I wish they has better CS and Kits because they would have something. But ti's been a couple years now and they are exactly the same. For me, I go american made from a known company like GreatPlanes, 3DHS, and the like. You pay a higher price, but the planes are much better quality.

But with all of that said, no matter what you go with we will ALWAYS be here to provide support. I'm hoping a member on here has an opinion on the planes you are looking for. RCD may be in this list if he would ever get on here lol.

I haven't had any problem with my standard sized Blitz Sky Surfer but I must agree with you regarding Banana Hobby's customer service.

Lee

When asking opinions about different planes, put a link in so we can all have a look at them :) Don't know how good your computer skills are, so i apologises if this is unnecessary, to link a webpage, just copy the webpage address and paste it into your post. It just saves everybody having to search for the planes.

As for the planes, I love the look of the Diamond. The super sky surfer looks exactly like the Bixler from Hobby King.
I have heard bad thing about those shops but never had any experience with them myself. Have you looked at the Hobby King US store? They have tonnes of gliders on there.
I really want a glider as my next plane. Maybe next summer if i'm still living here in Spain.

Cheers Lee

Tony

Staff member
Sorry about the moderated post. Not sure why it did that, but I have approved it. Also, it didn't email me that there was a moderated post. I'm looking into this issue.

Whirlybird

The actual manufacturer is Shenzhen Lanxiang Model Aircraft Co., Ltd . . . I've seen good and bad reviews of their planes . . . more good (the bad usually due to their retracts) :)

Chinese? Of course, but you don't have to get them from Blitz :banana: . . . A USA company, EDF Hobbies (edfhobbies.com) in Texas, . . . yes Gaba, Jesse . . . Texas (they are BIG planes!!!) . . . carries these products :chuckles:

Last edited:
Top Bottom