General Blade SR Owners -PLEASE HELP this newbie with SETUP using my DX6i!!!!

Thanks for sharing your experience, "URI"...we are all learning something new each and every day!

P.S. Not sure where Killeen, TX is, but my wife was born and raised in El Paso! She moved to Va. Beach, VA twenty-one years ago. We met five years ago tomorrow! I better get flowers! lol

All my best,
Terry Branch
HeliBaby1527
Va. Beach, VA

Slobberdog

oh Lord, lol...I think Kev's head is gonna swell after reading that post, ha ha ha!!!

Can't swell its full of ikon setup can't absorb anything else today

OMG, Kev...NOW I think I finally see what you mean! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
I will keep you posted after I get everything turned around!!!! You are the MAN...:party:

All MY THANKS!
Terry Branch

Dude that's what this community is for, I did learn something myself though in looking it up,

murankar

Staff member
About 3 hours east of that. Its central texas. About 2 hours from everything. 1 hour north of austin or 2.5 hours south of dallas.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Many Thanks again to Slobberdog and Blackwarrior for pinpointing my problem!!!!! You guys are the best...

So, after resolving my blade grip issue (DOH!), re-leveling and setting up the swashplate again, I was able to get -11 degrees at low stick, 0 deg at mid stick and +11 at high stick! My new setup sheet is attached for EyeStation and Walt2014 who I know were interested.

CCPM SETUP SHEET0001.jpg

All my best,
Terry
HeliBaby1527
Va. Beach, VA

CCPM SETUP SHEET0001.jpg

Hey Terry, all looks pretty good, so have you done any videos yet to post on the forum... We all like to SEE the birds in the air....lol

Sorry, Blackwarrior...no videos or pics yet. I am a "novice" at CCPM Helis and still trying to hover correctly for a significant period of time! My mCPX BL is only a couple of weeks old, but I'm having more success with it than the SR so far...I know it takes time, practice, training and patience, darn it, but I want to REALLY fly! You can "bet your bippy" when it all clicks and I'm flying CP there will be videos, pictures and a full page photo in the local newspaper!!! lol

Thanks for your support,

Terry
HeliBaby1527
Va. Beach, VA

murankar

Staff member
We don't care how novice you are. Some members can see stuff in the video that you may have missed and give advise. It also documents any issues that may come up from time to time.

Blackwarrior and a few others have found it useful to do so. We managed to save him a lot of money due to an improper setup.

If a picture is worth a 1000 words than a video is worth a lot more.

+1 on Matthius Terry, he's right, I'm only flying because of this forum and the guys on here.. I've asked some questions I thought were a bit obvious or stupid, but everyone on here thinks otherwise. If you don't ask you don't find out, no matter how trivial, even if it's already been asked, you will still get the answers you need....

So get some pictures/videos in no matter how much of a novice you are, I'm also a novice as my sig says, but I'm not ashamed to admit it to these guys because all you get off them is good advice, encouragement and a lot of support..

The more you be honest with your abilities, or lack of, the better they can advise you...

Point taken, URI...thank you for the advice. I'm going to see what I can do about videos...It's just me and my wife and she works full time, so a "videographer" is hard to come by!

All the best!

Terry
HeliBaby1527
Va. Beach, VA

Tony

Staff member
I will even chime in on this and say, recording every flight helps. I wasn't going to record the flight where I slammed my 150 into my house. But I did, and now I can go back and see what went wrong. Lee recorded his flight on his QAV which he though he lost. If he had a camera rolling where he was, he could use that for reference to where it went down. And if something weird happens to the aircraft, you will get it on video. There are times that an intermittent twitch or something kicks it's head, but it will never do it when you want it to.

And also as they stated, if you post up your video here on the forum, we can help guide you to things to do to advance yourself. Video is a great learning tool.

Sorry, Blackwarrior...no videos or pics yet. I am a "novice" at CCPM Helis and still trying to hover correctly for a significant period of time! My mCPX BL is only a couple of weeks old, but I'm having more success with it than the SR so far...I know it takes time, practice, training and patience, darn it, but I want to REALLY fly! You can "bet your bippy" when it all clicks and I'm flying CP there will be videos, pictures and a full page photo in the local newspaper!!! lol

Thanks for your support,

Terry
HeliBaby1527
Va. Beach, VA
Haha, I know how you feel Terry, from one novice to another, I'm just past the hovering stage but not in all orientations yet, still got the dreaded nose in to master. Lol...

- - - Updated - - -

I will even chime in on this and say, recording every flight helps. I wasn't going to record the flight where I slammed my 150 into my house. But I did, and now I can go back and see what went wrong. Lee recorded his flight on his QAV which he though he lost. If he had a camera rolling where he was, he could use that for reference to where it went down. And if something weird happens to the aircraft, you will get it on video. There are times that an intermittent twitch or something kicks it's head, but it will never do it when you want it to.

And also as they stated, if you post up your video here on the forum, we can help guide you to things to do to advance yourself. Video is a great learning tool.

+1 there Tony, take my 2 catastrophic crashes, I'm so pleased I recorded those and posted for help... Now she's sweet as a bird...

murankar

Staff member
My film rig is a piece of scrap ash that i had laying around. Its just wide enough to fit in the hole in the back of a ball cap. Took a bit of foam to create a wedge so my phone points down a little. Then i blue tape my phone to the wood, slide the wood through the hole and behind the sizing strap then put the hat on. Works fairly well. Watch my video of my Gaui doing a cannon ball. I was able to pinpoint my issue with a little help.

Top Bottom