450 Blade root

trainrider06

Too thick to fit grips....sand em?
Got a pair of Zeal blades for my 450 Pro, they won't fit in the grips! Would it be ok to knarl em down a bit?

Derek

That's odd, Rodney! I have Zeal blades on both my 450's and they fit very nicely.

Just as Smoggie said....if you are just sanding down a lil bit, then yeah, go ahead.

Tony

Staff member
If you have to sand them down a lot, then you will want to put new sealer on them to seal the carbon fiber you are going to expose. I have sanded many blades. What helicopter is this going on?

trainrider06

It's actually 2 different heli's one is on my 450 Pro, the Zeal's and the other set for the 500, they are spin blades, 435's
I even tried switching them around in the other grip but same problem. I'd thought that maybe I'd gotten a set of jacked up blades or something but when I bought the Spin blades and the same issue with them on the 500, then I thought what the heck is going on here? What kind of stuff would i need to put on the blades to seal em if I had to go into the CF? Heck maybe if I had to go that far it might not be safe...

Tony

Staff member
and any kind of sealer will work that is made for fiber. In a pinch, you can use extra thin CA just as long as it holds the fibers together. And if you have to take 1mm off of each side, you are more than likely going to go through the gel coat.

What helicopter is this on?

trainrider06

My Align 450 Pro DFC (the Zeal blades) and my Align 500 Pro DFC (Spin blades)
This is probably the case with the 12mm's I'll bet, I just bought two different sets from 2 different people that they probably didn't fit on theirs either! :(

Top Bottom