450 blade pitch question

Sparse

I read the article Marius wrote, However with blade pitch why is it said to adjust the links to achieve this ? I was under the impression you were to use the swash plate mixing menu on the tx.

- - - Updated - - -

Im getting ready to do my pitch thats why I am saking.

murankar

Staff member
Depends on what and when you are adjusting. If you are at mid stick in IU1 and one blade is not at zero the you would adjust that one blade. If your full collective positive and full collective negative are not the same then you will need to adjust the servo to swash links accordingly. You use your mix to achiev the desired degree of pitch on the positive side then see if it is the same for negative. When you start the setup just make sure you are at 0° pitch on both blades.

Sparse

ok so let me ask this, if I cannot get zero at mid stick by adjusting the arms from the grips to the swash. at that point should I adjust the links from the servos to the swash ?

- - - Updated - - -

to drop the swash a bit

murankar

Staff member
You should be be able to get to 0° pitch at mid stick. Now if your pitch is not equal at full pos and neg then your swash is not centered and you will need to adjust the servo to swash accordingly. I cant remember which way does what, Tony does.

pj1969

Make sure your arms are 90* then if you don't have the same at low stick, say +10 -8 drop the swash down a turn on each cyclic link to lower it. That's if you have leading edge blade grip head etc (align)

Tony

Staff member
I tried to help by asking for the full positive and negative pitch numbers. Without those, it's a shot in the dark.

Sparse

I tried to help by asking for the full positive and negative pitch numbers. Without those, it's a shot in the dark.

I know Tony I stepped back from it the other day, it was getting me frustrated. this morning Im going up the hobby shop getting a digital pitch gauge I have to get dampers also there was binding in the head from the last crash, yesterday i went through the head and the feathering shaft would not got back through one of the. the shaft is new but i guess the damper gave up so I'm gonna give another go today and we will see what happens. Sometimes up its best to take a break so you don't put the heli against a wall by hand LOL

Tony

Staff member
I know how you feel lmao. You will love the digital pitch gauge. Just make sure to calibrate it every time.

Sparse

Hey just an update i finished up the rebuild, and got the pitch together. Im gonna take it up to my lhs and let my boy have a look to make sure it is right. I'm pretty confident it is. I am running 0 at mid stick 10 up and down and 8 cyclic.

Top Bottom