Micro Blade mCP-X Dual Tail Mod

Tony

Staff member
As you guys know, I killed my 120sr tail on my mcpx after only 10 flights. I'm not sure I really want another one even though when it was working, it held better than anything else I have had. But, I put the stock tail on it and tried to fly it way back when the 120 tail died, and it just wasn't enough for the brushless motor. Well today I found another tail motor where I had broken the boom. I decided to epoxy that plastic mount to the stock one on the heli, and make my own dual motor tail for the mCP-X. I just got done hovering it in the living room (it's 0100, pretty dark out here in the country with no moon in the sky lmao) and even though the collective is not working correctly, the tail seems okay. But there is only one way to know for sure, and that is to take it outside in some wind and let her have it.

That is exactly what I plan on doing tomorrow if I'm not too busy with the videos for the Align Pro. Just have to see how things go. Here's hoping for the best, because I have never had an issue with the stock tail motors on this thing other than not being powerful enough.

murankar

Staff member
good luck with that maiden. any pics of this mod? would be interesting to see how you managed two tail motors.

Tony

Staff member
It's actually pretty easy, you just wire the second motor in reverse so it spins backwards, then put the prop on backwards.

Lee

Cool Tony. I was going to do that mod if my tail motor failed,but so far its held up very well.

Tony

Staff member
Well I actually have an update. I have flown 3.5 batteries and I can't get this wag out of it. Not the tail, in the cyclic. This thing will start shaking like crazy no matter what I do. I change the feathering shaft and I have changed the blades. The shake is still there. Now I'm changing the links. If the links are the issue, then this will be the first pair I have worn out ever lol. I usually just lose them lmao. But, I'm going to stick on a new pair and see how they do. If that's not it, then I guess I'm ordering a new swash. Man I hope I don't have to do that.

Lee

I had the shakes. I just punched through it, but now they are really bad. I posted a thread explaining my problem. A cracked main shaft. How much play do you have when you move the blades up and down by hand. If you have the stock swash, they do get sloppy. My RKN swash is very solid.

Tony

Staff member
I just took some video of it that I'm going to upload to get some responses. The swash is stock, and there is some play and I'm thinking that may be the issue. The mainshaft looks okay. However, it will do this when just sitting on the ground or holding it in your hand. You will see.

Top Bottom