450 Blade 450

Richyrich

Hi
I posted this question over a week ago and had replies which I'm grateful for.

I've have tried setting up the blades following a crash and although I have managed to achieve 0 at mid stick I'm unable to get any greater than 6 degrees at positive and negative positions.

As suggested, I have checked the following settings. D&r aile, 0 50% + 7%, elev 0 50% + 7%, Rudd 77% inh

Pitch 45, 51,60,73,91

As I'm quite new, but learning, I'm sure what to do next. Any help will be very much appreciated.

Derek

are you sure that your linkages are the correct length? It seems to me that if your swashplate is level and you are still not getting more than 6 degrees of pitch, maybe you need to lengthen your upper linkages to allow for the added pitch.

murankar

Staff member
My advice is remove all dr and expo from the tail. You want that responsiveness from it.

As far as your collective pitch hose, use your swash mix to get your positive pitch to 10/11 degrees. Then use your servo to swash linkages to get your negative pitch to 10/11 degrees.

Keep in mind that you will need to recheck positive pitch after each linkage adjustment.

Once that is done then do your pitch curves. When setting your 0 degrees at mid stick run a straight across 50% pitch on the pitch curve. This will ensure that you are at mid stick at all times.

Richyrich

Hi,
It looks like problem solved. I used the settings on a rchelp.com video and reset the head and now I have 10.5 of both negative and positive pitch and zero at mid stick.

As said I'm new to this and didn't really understand fully what the setting were and what they did etc. having brought the helicopter ready to fly off ebay, i now realise how badly it was set up and how much worst it could have been. However, the crash made me take the time to learn how the helicopter goes together so this mistake won't be repeated!

Thanks all

Top Bottom