450 Blade 450 3d pulling hard to the right and back

Demon

I had a pretty bad crash with my heli last week. I put it back together and now trying to get it setup correctly. It's at a point where it will lift off but I have to give it a ton of left and forward cyclic to keep it steady. I eyeball leveled the swash. I'm sure it's not perfect but seems close. Blade pitch is good as it can be without a flybar leveling tool to get 100% consistent results. So now trying to figure out how to fix it. I tried playing with subtrim but it doesnt seem to do much. I also tried playing with swash mix and didnt get too far either.

I watched this video - How to Completely Setup A CCPM Helicopter DX6i & OrangeRX - YouTube and at 43:21 he's making some adjustments to the cyclic but he doesn't say exactly where. I'm assuming it's not subtrim. Is it swash mix?

Any other help to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

pj1969

Sounds like something is out if line or a couple of degrees out, I'm not expert, but after a heavy crash I found that just replacing the bent parts wasn't enough. If you ave the time and patience I'd strip it all back and start from scratch. Make sure u haven't strsipped a tooth on a servo, make sure links are straight and if you are using torque tube, that tail fin is at 90* to the boom. I found that doing it all compete strip down, your arm so much more. One thing I would say is, if you haven't got a swash tool or flybar tool, use a zippy tie to level swash, it's cheap but works fantastic and if you have a blade holder from a bigger 500/600 Heli, just use that on the boom to rest the fly bar on. Hats what I did and set all my servos to 90 and did it all one stage at a time. Hope his helps bud, let's get you flying straight again.

Demon

Thanks. I did that already. I just did it again and seems like it was slightly off and tilting to the right. So maybe that was it. My problem is I have to drive about 15 mins to a field to test it out, and I can't really make major adjustments out there. So it's difficult for me to test and readjust easily. If the swash is level and I still find it tilting to one side, any adjustments I can make on the radio or do I need to go back and check the swash level again?

Tony

Staff member
If I'm not mistaken, that heli has a flybar, correct? If so, make sure your paddles are directly inline with teh flybar cage. Because it is run with a flybar, you can use trim to help trim it out. However, if this is a flybarless heli with a 3 axis gyro, you can NOT use trim. But with a flybar, you will be fine. Just trim it out the best you can. If you can post a video, that would help out a lot in this issue.

Demon

Thanks. I will try that later today. One other thing I wanted to ask - I bent the main shaft on that crash. I replaced it but not really sure what to do with the main bearings. When I look down on the heli while spooling up, i can see some wobble from the top. But when it spins up, the wobble goes away and it's solid. Is that normal or do I need to check the main bearings?

Tony

Staff member
If the main bearings are bad, you will have an issue with resistance, not wobble. If you are getting a wobble, check your head block (the part where the feathering shaft goes through). Those are known to bend in a hard crash. When you get it in the air, get it up to eye level and look at the blade tracking. If it's out, then you could have a bad head block, or bent feathering shaft. But, you say it all goes away when it spools up, so this may not be that big of a deal. Just have to fly it and try it out.

Top Bottom