General Blade 300 cfx tail spinning problem.

dazacx2

Hello all,
I have purchased a 2nd hand 300cfx and have put the ar 7200 on it i have gone through all the settings and its all good on bench the tail is moving correct direction when moved by control and in the compensation direction.

Tail blades have trailing edge pointing the direction of movement.

But the Heli is spinning round and round like piro's on the ground.

Can the belt in the tail do this if it has been twisted the quarter turn the wrong way.

The owner had same problem but with a different GYro.

I havent pulled tail apart yet to see, but i this is also first AR7200 i am an Ikon man so this is new to me.

Any help is thanked in advance.

Daza

Eggy 71

What direction is the tail blades turning during operation? The tail blades should be going up past the boom and down behind . If it's not this way you need to twist the belt the other way.

dazacx2

Yes the tail is spinning up onto wash at the front side of tail.
Thanks for info.

Will see if I can find the other chat with link thanks Tony

dazacx2

I am at wits end i have tried all options, checked F position in both modes, checked the belt is running ok. tail moves in right direction with control sticks on transmitter. moves in correct counter rotation when heli nose is moved to the left tail move right to counter act it.
This model was bought second hand and previous guys said it had a tail issue also kept spinning. I have put my Ar7200 on it and its doing the same thing, so i am guessing its a mechanical issue but i cant work out what it could be.
When you start to speed up it just starts spinning every time.
I couldnt find any link to problem here on site, there are lots of other answers else where but 98% all say the same.
Help

Daza

:damnit:
:anyone::cussing:

Tony

Staff member
Daza, my apologies, I got this thread confused with another thread on here. That is my bad.

Try holding the head still and try rotating the tail blades. It should click the belt over the grooves in the pulleys. I'm wondering if something is going to be slipping.

What way is it rotating around when looking at it from the top? If it's CCW then it's likely there is something loose. I remember a time on one of my helicopters that the belt pulley on the tail shaft was not secured and it would slip on the shaft. Just a thought.

dazacx2

Just checked tail is spinning CW, its got me, it has to be mechanical somehow because its a different gyro, i am thinking maybe servo not working while under load so will change that and go from there.

KLA

If you look at the tail from the right side of the helicopter the tail blades should be spinning CCW, counter clockwise. If, as you said, the tail blades are spinning clockwise, then your belt is turned the wrong way. Try turning the belt the other way then check your tail blades. Make sure your rudder is moving the right way and the gyro compensation is correct. If they are rotating CCW and the heli still spins then the pulley is probably slipping on the shaft.

Tony

Staff member
We actually had a discussion on this last night on the live stream. The helicopter is moving nose right which means this is a rate vs HH issue. I can't remember if he was able to test it fully before we ended the show.

dazacx2

We actually had a discussion on this last night on the live stream. The helicopter is moving nose right which means this is a rate vs HH issue. I can't remember if he was able to test it fully before we ended the show.

Hello all, yes tried again still no difference, i have had another drama with it today, this will really get you thinking, tail spins clockwise so i throttle down leave heli where it is and start again heli tail spins other way, we had a discussion today with a few mates and we were stumped when it started going the other way, we did find that the tail when moved in HH its doing the right thing, just seems it wont compensate when under its when its under load, so i am thinking about pulling the head apart and tail to double check all washer are in the right spot and there is no binding,,,After i try one more gyro to make sure, which is a 3gx gyro.

Keep you posted.

Daza

dazacx2

Well another few hours at the workbench setting up tails gyros transmitters, still no success, i did fix issue with it spinning both ways that was a gyro setting issue it was getting a kick back after throttle down which changed direction of the rudder so hence when throttle up again it was spinning the opposite way.
Now it moves by transmitter when moving throttle up but after it gets to around half stick the tail locks and i have no control so it starts spinning out of control again as if the gyro wont receive input or counter act movement, i have changed servo same issue, so last resort change gyro.
Keep you all posted again on next move, hopefully this will help someone else if they have issues if i can solve it...

Daza

Top Bottom