General Blade 200srx

Richyrich

Hi all

I have got a blade 200srx as a way of easing myself into helicopters.

I've set it up to my dx6i, followed all the instructions to the letter and doubled checked them on YouTube with several different video. However, it's seems impossible to get it to hover and as it lifts off it heads off to the left. I've tried using the trims but makes no difference.

My understanding is that in beginner mode it should behave very similar to a quad.

Has anybody had a similar experience or got any idea on how I can correct it. Any help will be much appreciated.

Richard

Tony

Staff member
Have you verified your swash is completely level throughout the entire collective travel? Sounds like it's not quite level, or when you initialize the gyro, it's leaning to the left slightly. You can try setting a couple business cards under the left skids to see if that works.

Also, these helicopters with a tail rotor will take off to the left due to the force of the tail rotor. You must give a little right aileron when you are taking off. Once in teh air, it should level out with a slight right angle to it.

Richyrich

Hi Tony

I'll check in in the morning as times getting on a little here.

It's not a problem getting it off the ground but as soon as it's finished climbing it flys off to the left.

Many thanks - I'll let you know how it goes.
richard

holtneil

Hi what Tony said sounds spot on and swash is not level , its a fixed pitch heli so remove the canopy power up transmitter and then heli ( do not move it till the gyros go through there set up) make sure all trims are in the centre, the swash should sit level , I think your find the swash is off a little adjust the link rod of the rod thats short to level swash this should fix it , test fly you may need a little trim to get a good hover

Richyrich

Hi
Looks like you were both right! The swash plate was facing forward and to the left so I adjusted it to a flat position. I'll let you know how I got on when I replace the boom which I've just bent.

Thanks guys

Top Bottom