General Blade 130X help

3DCR8ZE

Hi guys
noob here. Question for ya.
I recently bought a 130x off ebay.. everything looked great and after binding and tx setup i spooled it up in the kitchen floor to see how it flew. It never would come off the ground without tipping over to the left every time.
So I google 130x problems and saw where I could calibrate the gyro (thinking that may be the problem) well I got into the programming and just made sure everything was at default. So I try again and same thing.....tipped to the left!
I'm at the point I cant figure it out.. any help would be appreciated !

Admiral

I have a couple of 130s and you need to POP them off the ground, you can't bring the revs up and gently take off they will fall over.

3DCR8ZE

Ok I'll try that. I have a complete stock 130 and it's much better at a slow spool up. The one I got off eBay has a few minor upgrade but most of all its used and not sure if it's 100% setup proper. Thanks for the advice.

murankar

Staff member
Check over the main shaft and spindle, make sure they are still true or not fractured. That could be a source of vibration which can throw off your gyro. Check for vibs by removing the blades spool it up and feel the frame in different areas. The stronger the vibe the greater the possibility that is the source. Also the gyro could be bad. Just taking a stab at it. Not really sure since I never owned one.

3DCR8ZE

I'll do that. Thanks for the help guys. I'm so new at this somethings are like I'm trying to learn A foreign language.

leedude1

Hey 3D ... welcome aboard sir. Iève got some things to do now so cant spend to much time chatting for the moment but new to the forum and RC helis also or just the 130?

3DCR8ZE

I'm new to the heli scene as a whole. I'm using the sim and the 130x as learning tools before I really try anything on my TRex 500.

leedude1

cool big step between the 2.. take your time, wrenching on the 130 will give you a great start to basic heli mechanics, did you already build you 500 or still boxed and is your next step?

3DCR8ZE

Yes it is. I'm comfortable flying and fixing the 130x, the 500 is a much different story. Though I've only had time to hover the 500 a few times. It's defiantly a steep learning curve for me.

NordCelt

If all the servo's are operating smooth I don't know what to try beyond what others have mentioned. Keep us posted though. If it turns out to be a crash induced problem I will probably experience it too at some point. Need to get my 130x out and test fly it now that she's back together after my last episode of testing my abilities envelope.

3DCR8ZE

Haven't had a lot of time do to crazy work schedule. My other stock 130 lost a swashplate in flight. Repairs and tested. I got a feeling on the used one from eBay I bought it's the gyro, it was refurbished. Everything mechanical seems to be right.
Upgraded my sim to 7.5 and having a hard time pulling myself away from it to do anything. Lol
Practice practice practice.
I can now fly backwards and starting to fly inverted some , pushing myself everyday!! So addicting

NordCelt

I'm using a Phoenix simulator. Believe some type of version 5 is in it. Balloon busting is my addiction in it. It's like playing an archaid game and it allows my to put in a lot of time practicing without getting bored. Especially helpful on a windy day like today.

leedude1

Well practice helps for sure, at least neither of you have put yours in a lake like I did this summer :banghead:flying over the water with night blades..it was pretty... but...costly too ;_) havent repaired her yet. gonna have to find out what electronics i fried and need to be changed.

NordCelt

When I studied for my pilots license the instructor had a saying, "everyone's a damned fool 15 minutes a day, and some days we get bonus time". I haven't flown into a lake yet but I have assorted pieces of a helicopter on my bench now from my last attempt to push the ability envelope. Since that one I've been a lot more serious about the simulator and found the balloon busting game to help me put in more time.

The helicopter, servo's arrived yesterday. The final parts I need to put her back together. Since weather is crappy here today should be able to reassemble today.

NordCelt

Yeah, the balloon busting is under the Competition menu. It has different settings you can try. I use the Max Score option with the time set to 5 minutes. Main reason I use it is because the other timed game is just for 3 minutes. I play it with helicopters and airplanes. Definitely easier to bust them with helicopters but my highest score is with an acro airplane. The high score was blind luck with the airplane. I warn you, it can be a bit addicting.

Top Bottom