450 Binding a 3GX using a AR6110 and DX8 and making Failsafe work

Ton

Hi
I am building my first Align Trex 450 helicopter.
This is a Trex 450 Pro DFC Super Combo with a 3GX Flybarless unit.
I have chosen to use a Spektrum AR6110 receiver.
I have a Spektrum DX8 transmitter.

I have watched Tony's "3GX Setup Guide Part 1 Mounting & Wiring" video which was great up to the point of doing the binding.

While I have managed to bind the receiver to the radio, I am concerned that I have been unable to make the failsafe work.
I would like the throttle to drop on the heli if the signal from the radio to the receiver was lost.

I understand, correctly or otherwise, that the AR6110 is supposed to manage this event though the manual that came with the heli describes (on Page 22) FailSafe and suggests the 3GX has a part to play.

I have powered the receiver with a 2 wire (red and black) connection from the Sbus/Bind plug on the 3GX to the Batt plug on the AR6110. This powers the receiver. I do NOT have the signal wire connected. Indeed, if I do, the 3GX does not initialise.
I do not understand the significance of the signal wire between these 2 connections.

What am I doing wrong, and how do I get the failsafe to work.

Advice appreciated.

Mda1701d

Hi, I wish I had researched my txt a bit better before purchasing last yer. Would you not be better off using the 3gx as a receiver, along with 2 satellites? I bought a dx6i, so have to use a receiver, but wish I had gone for 7 or higher now, the wiring would be so much tidier! I think fail safe should set at the point of binding, maybe someone else can guide you here better. All the best, Mark.

Ton

Hi, I wish I had researched my txt a bit better before purchasing last yer. Would you not be better off using the 3gx as a receiver, along with 2 satellites? I bought a dx6i, so have to use a receiver, but wish I had gone for 7 or higher now, the wiring would be so much tidier! I think fail safe should set at the point of binding, maybe someone else can guide you here better. All the best, Mark.
Yes, if I didn't already have a spare AR6110 and therefore didn't care to pay for 2 satelites, I would have preferred to follow that route.
However, I had the AR6110. This should be achievable. The AR6110 seems to have the capability to provide failsafe events but maybe the 3GX doesn't understand this?
I will persevere ....

Tony

Staff member
Sorry for the very late reply. Take that power wire out of the bind port and stick it in the battery port and see what that does. The signal wire should have no affect on the gyro. And IMO, with a DX8, even though you have the Rx, lose the Rx and just run the satellites. It's much easier. Then, you have an extra Rx to put in another aircraft lol.

Top Bottom