General Big Batteries

Hi All

My 6C 4000mha batts fit under my canopy but to accomodate them they are a few inches down the tray. This i have discovered puts my D Of G Way out. any suggestions?

I have 3000mha which if laid in their side fit fine but it would be a waste of good flight time if i cant use the bigger batts.....:(

Tony

Staff member
We are going to need more information. What size heli are you working on? Are we talking 3s, 4s, 6s or 12s. We need quite a bit of info so that we can visualize what you are working on. Let us know.

Thanks Guys

My Batteries are 6 Cell and either 4000mha or 3000mha

The measurements are as follows
4000Mha 140x50x45 Weight 590g
3000mha 135x45x40 Weight 480g

I can just about squeeze the 3000mha batteries under the canopy and remain the the C of G Limits but the 4000mha even with the canopy off is way outside, even with the battery rammed up to the top of the tray.

any suggestions please.....

Derek

Hi there, Hoveringandscared!

What size helicopter do you have? If I were to take a guess, I would say that you are talking about a 500 sized helicopter. I have one, myself, and I can assure you that the 4000mah battery is just not going to work for a 500 sized helicopter. I have three 6S 3000mAh batteries that I run on my 500. Now, if you are talking about a 550 sized helicopter, that 4000mah battery should work well.

Hi Derek, yes a 500' thought I'd get better flight time with the 4000. The 3000 works well I agree, looks like I'll keep the 4k's for fixed wing. Thank you

murankar

Staff member
If you want to improve flight Times keep your head speed to a minimum. If your getting close to 5 minutes your doing good. Flight Times will very depending on your flying style. 3d and hovering Will consume the most power.

Top Bottom