Been moving from Saint Louis to Chicago, new job is great. First flight in chicago

trainrider06

Re: Been moving from Saint Louis to Chicago, new job is great. First flight in chicag

Looks like a nice club! Sounds like you've made the right move for yourself!
Nice plane too!

EyeStation

Re: Been moving from Saint Louis to Chicago, new job is great. First flight in chicag

Welcome Back Ken. That Yak is rolling perfectly I see. Gurnee, huh? And I thought I was far away from the city.
Is that Lake County RC Club?
http://lakecountyrcclub.org/page/Home.aspx

Looks like plenty of room for sure. There site looks like its a nice bunch of guys to fly with too.

I think the Hobby show will be near Schamburg this winter. We will have to get an Rc-Help huddle going for it. A few more members in the area now that would be a pleasure to meet.

Keep that Yak in the air. I do enjoy those front flips. Lot's of elevator there!

Last edited:

Ken Jackson

Thanks Rodney and Dave.

No Dave this club is on 1st Avenue in Woodmont, Illinois. It is across the street from Loyola University Medical Complex and Hospital. I haven't had a chance to venture out anywhere in Gurnee. With the days so short now, I either fly right after work or weekends only. But yeah keep me posted on the Hobby Show. I plan on lots of flying in the spring. I am currently rebuilding my TRex 500. I crashed it in April and just let go since I was traveling so much. But it is my baby and is also the helicopter that has kept me in this hobby.

I do love the planes. My VisionAire is toast. The motor mount in the fuselage is loose and I don't see any point in trying to repair it. Once the motor mount is loose whats the point. I may go ahead and get the night VisionAire and have parts from the other. Either that or a new fuselage, but nothing like a new plane out of the box, they fly so smooth.

Ken

Last edited:

Lillyryan

I bought a little Acro Wot Foam e to keep in the truck and fly whenever I get chance. Here's its little maiden.
[video=youtube_share;ZyfKAgDza-M]http://youtu.be/ZyfKAgDza-M[/video]

Ken Jackson

Wow I've never seen anything like those horizontal lines. They are only visable inside the prop circle but really weird. Especially with the high quality camera your using.

Ken

Tony

Staff member

Just drove through Chicago yesterday, Unless I have a load going there (and I never will lol), I will never go back to that madhouse of a city. Looks like a nice place though where you were flying.

Ken Jackson

Yeah it is a busy place. Where I'm working and living now the traffic moves the direction I happen to be going. If I was traveling in the opposite direction in the morning or the afternoon I would be in a mess. But when this current project is up I may end up downtown and that can be rough. Just depends where your going and what time of day. Some guys work late just to miss rush hour. Anyway got my 500 in the air today for a maiden flight, or shake down flight. Decided to spend some sim time before I fly it again. Felt a little uncomfortable. Crashed it April and just now got it back together. I will post some videos next time I fly.

Top Bottom