FBL Gyro Beastx nitro gov setup

Tony

Staff member
I thought I made one, but I guess not. I will put it on my list of videos to make. Going to be a bit though.

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
^^Yes I've seen that, thanks. I haven't dove in yet just trying to pick up any thing I can before I start. Don't think it will be to difficult, but this will be my first time trying nitro governor. :confused-new:

trainrider06

It's more than likely one of those once you do it, think to yourself well what was I worried about!
:)
I don't know much at all about anything setup for a gasser, or nitro heli, maybe I can learn a bit myself!

Bud

I thought I made one, but I guess not. I will put it on my list of videos to make. Going to be a bit though.
Tony,trying to setup ar7210 with nitro governor.i am using dx18..do i need to use governor menu in radio??.

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
I set mine up with a DX9, same as a DX18. I used the governor menu in the radio. Its been a while tho since I have not had to go back though the setup. But it works great...

Bud

My gov setup in radio ..normal 0 st1 10 st2 20..sensor working ..throttle n linear st 1 55 across st2 60 across...throttle at 55 and gov 10 gives 1863 rpm..throttle at60 and gov 20 gives1989 rpm..does this seem correct to you..thanks

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
So I'm trying to remember how I did mine. I used a separate channel for the governor so my throttle curves are set as usual. I have switch A to activate the gov and I think Its set to like 8 to give me around 1800. Yours sounds right if you do not use a separate control channel. But I'm not expert at this, it took me a while to figure it out but I finally got it

Bud

So I'm trying to remember how I did mine. I used a separate channel for the governor so my throttle curves are set as usual. I have switch A to activate the gov and I think Its set to like 8 to give me around 1800. Yours sounds right if you do not use a separate control channel. But I'm not expert at this, it took me a while to figure it out but I finally got it
Mine is set to fmode so 1 switch handles it..i have throttle set to 0 to disable gov in normal mode..throttle acts crazy but i figured out engine must be running to make it work..ie go to full throttle when off.when on throttle goes to rpm u set and stops ..

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Right I get that. The governor is trying to rise the rpm with the engine off. So if it works for you that's fine. I just decided to have my f mode function as normal if I didn't want the governor to intervene. One switch sounds easier. I've had good luck with that heli. Striped some tail gears once but was able to get her down safe. Other then that she fly's great.
T

Top Bottom