FBL Gyro BeastX binding/initialization and motor response??

Bruno

I am working on initializing the BX on the work bench. I am following the MB manual. Seems I successfully bound the BX to my DX6i. In other words, the BX cycles as it should through the light sequence. I do not have the servos connected. I connected the motor after binding the BX. I turned on my radio and then powered up the BX. Cycled as it should however the motor would not respond to radio throttle up. Do I need to complete the initialization of the BX for the motor to respond or should I have bound the BX with the motor connected?

I have an external BEC connected and the red wire disconnected from the ESC. The ESC is connected to the throttle port. The ESC tones and gives 6 beeps confirming a 6 cell battery. However, I can't seem to get the ESC to power up the motor. The ESC has a constant blinking orange light. I followed the Talon 90 manual's instruction to 1) turn on transmitter to mid throttle. 2) disconnect the red wire while using the external BEC. I have the two external Castle BEC Connectors connected to AUX2 and AUX3 with the black wire down/bottom of Rx. 3) I move the throttle all the way down to 0. Motor does not arm. Any ideas? The BX seems to go through the initialization as indicated in the manual.

Whattyathnk??

Last edited:
Top Bottom