700 Beast X Software Update

Peter Vice

Good morning Tony,
I am progressing well with my Beast X installation and will have further questions soon.
My question today is, Align in the UK updated my software on my Beast X before they sent it out to me, I have connected it and have it running on the helicopter, can I still connect to my computer and check that in fact they have updated it? Will it effect the settings I have programmed or will it self correct? Another issue I am still having is I am finding it difficult to navigate around your site, I know you did a video on how to connect and update the firmware but I cant find it, please send a link, Regards Peter

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
HI Peter, you know if you are just checking on the version of firmware the beastX flashes the LEDs on power up to indicate what firmware your running. No need to connect to a PC just to check your firmware. From the BeastX manual
"During initialization also you can directly read from the display of the device what firmware version it is running: MICROBEAST PLUS first carries out a brief LED test by lighting up all Menu-LEDs simultaneously, and cycling the Status-LED color (red->blue->purple). Then for about 3 seconds, the Status-LED lights red while the Menu-LEDs A to G display the first digit of the firmware version, and the LEDs H to N the second digit of the firmware version in binary format. "

Peter Vice

HI Peter, you know if you are just checking on the version of firmware the beastX flashes the LEDs on power up to indicate what firmware your running. No need to connect to a PC just to check your firmware. From the BeastX manual
"During initialization also you can directly read from the display of the device what firmware version it is running: MICROBEAST PLUS first carries out a brief LED test by lighting up all Menu-LEDs simultaneously, and cycling the Status-LED color (red->blue->purple). Then for about 3 seconds, the Status-LED lights red while the Menu-LEDs A to G display the first digit of the firmware version, and the LEDs H to N the second digit of the firmware version in binary format. "

Hi I did the test, I looked up the manual and could not see which version it is. The letters were C J D. Section 11 tells me how to obtain the letters as you said, Ill read up again tomorrow.
I also tried to download Studio X six times but cant get it to open, Ill call Align Slough tomorrow perhaps they will walk me through it Regards Peter

Top Bottom