General beast x and 500 pro fbl

topfade

Im looking for any good help vids or post on setting up beast x and trex 500 pro fbl and keep in my im a beginner

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Hello

We have something on 7200BX . I will see if I can find you a link. The helicopter does not matter. Beastx is the same. This setup was done on a JR Vibe E8.. but that will not change with the bird. :)

Have you setup a FBL before? have you setup a heli for flying before? :)

Edit:

Page 15 on .. http://www.rc-help.com/showthread.php/4551-Building-the-JR-Vibe-NEX-E8-Slow-Build/page15

I have setup atleast 5 beastx's. At one time all my birds were beastx. SO I can definitely help you with the setup. Just wanted to see if I could get a bit of background of what you know so I can guide you the best. :)

do you have a Beastx (orange) or 7200BX

Last edited:

topfade

I have orange one I already had some help from lhs. Now at the stage for setup . Its mounted and binded spektrum r8000 everything is connected but not set no settings in transmit everything is operating backwards

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
if its all there and connected! GREAT! then the rest is fairly simple once you get the hang of it. Let me see if I can find a good video for you . I can walk you through it step by step here on the forum.. you start with the setting menu Item A and then jus tgo down the list. I know for me I know what i am doing so its simple, please ask questions. Do you have a manual ( the detailed one that comes iwth the beastx? )

topfade

Having trouble at setup point G . I get all the servos centered the swashplate is level at setup point J I get the blue light at 6 cyclic but once the beastx initialize the servos go crazy. Help

Tony

Staff member
In what way is the "servo going crazy"? Let us know and we can better help you with the issue.

topfade

Ok I went back and started all over I finished all of the setup everything seem to went well except when I'm done and the gyro has initialized I put my throttle at mid stick and im getting a 7.7 on my pitch gauge. 15.7 full and9.4 neg

Tony

Staff member
Your swash plate is too high. You need to set your Tx to mid stick, and adjust the linkages until your pitch is the same. Make sure your servo arms are 90º to the link.

topfade

Ok I pull my head get my swashplate leveler. Is there something I'm missing on getting the height of the swashplate right

Tony

Staff member
It's all about patience. There is no need to remove the head. You still need to be able to check the pitch. If your swash is level now, it will be level when you are done. Right now, you have positive pitch at mid stick and at 50% on your throttle curve (right?). so what you need to do is make sure your servo arms are perfectly 90º to the links, then adjust the links as mentioned above.

EyeStation

With Tony mentioning the swash is too high, you will want to adjust the appropriate linkages to bring that swash physically lower on the main shaft while the stick is at mid position. You will probably still want the head on to see the blades are at 0°. Then checking the + and - pitch are equal. The balance of the 3 positions is what you want to see. Making sure your servo arms are at 90° while at mid stick assures you the physical throw of the servo will be equal. Understanding that, the servo arms should be your first check.

(LOL Tony, apparently it took me 9 min to type this. Ya beat me !)

Last edited:

topfade

Ok I know I'm really sounding like the beginner hear but my swashplate is level at 0 when I move my stick to 50% the elevator servo and the ail go up the other goes down but when I give that same servo left stick it pulls down and goes back to level at o throttle I know I need alot of hwlp but I won't guit

Top Bottom